Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
https://www.ea.com/en-ca/news/an-update ... leadership
The EA DICE developer who called Battlefield V critics “uneducated” is "moving on" from EA. He also told fans questioning the realism of women in WW2 frontline combat to accept it or don't buy the game.

Meanwhile, there’s zero hype for this game. Seriously, there’s a closed alpha going on right now that nobody talks about. The fuck is going on

I get all the press stuff from Gamescom and just got an E-Mail about the Gamescom Awards. Boring stuff, but one of the nominated games in the PS4 category is 'Project Mephisto (working title)'. I can't find anything about it online. I think they just leaked an unannounced game, or atleast it's title.

Just inject it into my veins already Insomniac. Collector’s Edition all paid off and ready. 🕷️

^ I can't wait for the game, but I gotta nitpick for a moment here. At first I thought it was a gameplay camera thing but now that this trailer shows different shots I can confirm it.

Sometimes before Spidey actually gets his websling off upon his descent, his angle changes and he starts to flatten out already. Basically like he's already swinging not only before his web grabs something, but even before his web even comes out of his hand.

I'm guessing it's due to the fact that they don't have an arc programmed for that steep angle of descent when swinging (or it had affected gameplay to the point that you always end up hitting the ground on that kind of swing so they thought better of it and just adjusted it), and if that's the case I understand... but I don't know why it's changing before the websling action.

It feels really unnatural watching it. I hope it feels better when playing it, but I don't really want much handholding for this one if possible.

^ this isn't a Naughty Dog game

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 9:24 pm
<< Does not compute.

You want to take the most important aspect of a game, one that is entirely physics-based in its form and beauty, and cripple some of that from the gamer and his/her experience? Everything is taken in strides my dude, from what makes this game so great to what can make this game so bad. Thankfully Insomniac has gone to huge lengths to make this game great, but this part does rear its ugly head and I have to call them out on it.

That all being said, I'm more than aware that they likely tested every venue on how to make this the best gameplay experience possible, so they likely have their reasons and I'll live with them. I'll have to feel it for myself when playing, but when watching it I cringe each time I see it. That's all.

I wish this was discussed in a preview/interview a little bit, just so that they can explain it.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 9:24 pm
<< Does not compute.

You want to take the most important aspect of a game, one that is entirely physics-based in its form and beauty, and cripple some of that from the gamer and his/her experience? Everything is taken in strides my dude, from what makes this game so great to what can make this game so bad. Thankfully Insomniac has gone to huge lengths to make this game great, but this part does rear its ugly head and I have to call them out on it.

That all being said, I'm more than aware that they likely tested every venue on how to make this the best gameplay experience possible, so they likely have their reasons and I'll live with them. I'll have to feel it for myself when playing, but when watching it I cringe each time I see it. That's all.

I wish this was discussed in a preview/interview a little bit, just so that they can explain it.
Lol, if that’s something that irks you how do you enjoy any open world games?

Good god man, I wanted to point out a minor nitpick, something that was a conscious decision made by the developers that I brought to question. Nowhere did I say this was a gamekiller. Don't put words in my mouth to serve whatever agenda your response intends to hold.

I have this game pre-ordered. My body is wet and ready for it. You don't have to worry about me enjoying the fuck out of anything. If anything, Michaelf2225 just insulted Insomniac worse than I did by saying we should expect as high of standards from that company as we should ND.

Sorry for posting. You can place me on ignore now if you'd like.

It does that because the game wants you to continue swinging instead of breaking into stop-fall down animation. It’s called a compromise, otherwise gamers would feel like filthy casuals and not superheroes with experience who cannot miss. And in case you were wondering, yes, web slinging in this game was made for casuals and pros alike. If you want to see more of that check out God of War animation transitions, lovely stuff. 🕷️

Anyone seeing the mess that Filip from IGN caused by plagiarizing that Dead Cells review? I guess editors at IGN are going through all the stuff he did and removing a ton of other content that looks to be plagiarized. Allegedly, this Filip also plagiarized his resume (although this might be confirmed at this point). What a d*****bag.

Whenever I see stuff like this I always wonder, what the hell can you possibly do in life with that being attached to your name? He will never be a journalist again, can he even find a decent job at all in any field with that following him? The thing is if IGN has to end up paying the people for the stuff he plagiarized (I know they paid for Dead Cells review but I’m talking about everything else); they should really make it come out of Filip’s pocket.