Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Really happy with my random Switch purchase. Loving mario kart, odyssey and eventually getting Zelda. I missed playing couch co-op games with friends and the versatility of the console is amazing.

PowerDump wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 9:20 pm
So Sea of Thieves doesn’t look like it’s all that good so what is next for Microsoft? What exactly is there to look forward to on the system that isn’t Forza, Halo, or Gears? I’m really hoping they have some monster reveals soon because it almost looks like they are abandoning the One and looking towards there next console or something. I have the One X which is awesome for 3rd party titles, but damn if I still had my old One it would be collecting dust since I have a PS4.

Anyone else think Microsoft really needs to start using all that money they have and start making/buying some real AAA stuff again?
In my experience, Sea of Thieves is only really enjoyable with friends. Otherwise it is an absolute mess. That, and I really don't see their being much content wise. It feels very. . . No Man's Sky.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 10:13 pm
Really happy with my random Switch purchase. Loving mario kart, odyssey and eventually getting Zelda. I missed playing couch co-op games with friends and the versatility of the console is amazing.
Congrats on the baby Switch!
Get Zelda and see your soul slowly getting sucked into its world.

Hitman is a lot better than I expected

m4st4 wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 1:20 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 10:13 pm
Congrats on the baby Switch!
Get Zelda and see your soul slowly getting sucked into its world.
Im scared I wont leave my home for weeks when I get Zelda. My good friend who isnt much of a gamer got it and got sucked in.

Quite excited for this:

Playing some Far Cry 5 here are some thoughts after a hour and a half:
-Game looks great, miles better than 4 which at this point looked extremely muddy texture wise when I played it a couple weeks ago but yeah; so far it looks tremendous and a lot more varied.
-The field of view is a bit weird at first, the gun is a little lower on the screen compared to most shooters (if I remember correctly, it’s kinda like Halo 3 after playing 1 and 2). After an hour I was used to it.
-It’s so nice that looting/skinning doesn’t require your character to go down and pat down the criminal or hall all the knife and cut the animal open you just get the items, I honestly love that.
-Weapons have quite a bit more impact, and have more “feel to them”. For example, the revolver pistol I had sounds like a beast and has pushed opponents back when I get the last shot in them.
-NPCs seem a lot more colorful personality-wise, by the end of the game I might actually care for some of these characters, unlike a lot of Ubisoft games.
-Montana might be my favorite setting, it’s so much more interesting than 4’s (and it helps that I’ve seen some cool interactions amongst NPCs which makes the game seem more alive)
-Customization is interesting, but micro transactions might suck. I’ve unlocked some good weapons early on (just picking them up in the game world unlocks them forever so you don’t have to spend your players cash to buy them)
-So Far it looks like stuff will be fleshed out more, Guns for hire has customization, you can craft some stuff like Dynamite, you actually are gathering plants and it isn’t just “green leafs” or “red leafs) lol
Some minor spoilers on the beginning of the game below:
the opening is actually pretty darn intense, Father seems like he has potential to be a really good villain and already has me a lot more hooked than 4’s (can’t comment on a comparison to 3’s, sorry I don’t remember 3 that well). The opening for me is much more engaging than any other Far Cry I’ve played.
All and all it seems pretty promising, it’s very much Far Cry but it seems like at least some more effort was put into this one and there’s more to the world.

Insanely hyped to play Far Cry 5 on Tuesday and during spring break!

m4st4 wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 4:29 am
I really hope you enjoy it. To me this series has been like the one Ubisoft series that hasn’t really disappointed me and I don’t see it happening with this one. I definitely think the final product will be quite a bit better than 4.

m4st4 wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 4:29 am
Playing it/enjoying it at all M4?