Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Nintendo Switch has become the fastest selling game system in history in the US. And in Japan, it has outdone the PlayStation 2's first year.

So I've been playing Persona 5, about 12-13 hours in right now. I am really enjoying the game so far, and there's a lot to like but I kind of want to go on a mini rant about the problems I have so far. I usually enjoy it when games have time and days passing having an effect on the story or setting up a time limit. However, the way Persona 5 handles it is often frustrating. There are many days where you straight up can not do anything (no shopping for items or crafting, no leveling up social stats, etc.) for no good reason. Often times it just skips the afternoon and evening sections and forces you to go to sleep, wasting a whole day. I've been waiting for seven days in a row now just to get the opportunity to return a DVD I rented, which I can't even watch because the game keeps insisting that I have to go to sleep despite doing nothing productive or exhausting all day. And coupled with a lack of an autosave system often means you have to decide whether or not you should go back to a save days from ago in-game because the game didn't even give you the opportunity to on the days in between. It makes for an often far more annoying and stressful game than it should be.

At least the soundtrack is amazing and the rest of the game holds up.

^ Fully agreed on Persona nazgul. Like I said in my goty reviews, the peaks are worth it, but it’s still annoying more than anything, to get restrictions like that, and from a cool character.

So I gots a PS2 and Silent Hill 1-4 y'all!

I'm about 2 hours into the first game and I'm really enjoying it but damn, some of these puzzles are ridiculous. As in I really don't know how people figured them out (unless they spent hours on them) without a guide (this is coming from someone who never had much trouble with the classic Resident Evil Games).

You playing on hard? SH 2 and 3 are absolute masterpieces, among best games of all time.

m4st4 wrote:You playing on hard? SH 2 and 3 are absolute masterpieces, among best games of all time.
I think I’m playing on the standard difficulty I think. I’ve always wanted to jump into the series, always heard the old ones were great (and I loved the old RE games).

PowerDump wrote:
m4st4 wrote:You playing on hard? SH 2 and 3 are absolute masterpieces, among best games of all time.
I think I’m playing on the standard difficulty I think. I’ve always wanted to jump into the series, always heard the old ones were great (and I loved the old RE games).
First one is definitely harder than the rest simply because it's so damn old lol. But it's worth it. Then afterwards consider playing 2 and 3 on Normal first, just to get the story. Then go for important endings via various different routes.

MASTERPIECE. We need these games on PS4, in HD, and properly remastered, none of that re-dubbed audio bullshit Konami.

The Talos Principle is amazing and not because of its puzzles. :thumbup:

Damn I'm so addicted to collecting all these power moons in Super Mario Odyssey. I'm gonna collect every one I can without looking up a guide, but I will have to eventually, some of these are just damn hard to find even with Toad's hints. :blank:

JAWS_Fan17 wrote:Damn I'm so addicted to collecting all these power moons in Super Mario Odyssey. I'm gonna collect every one I can without looking up a guide, but I will have to eventually, some of these are just damn hard to find even with Toad's hints. :blank:
Don't even get me started on the
flying taxi ones.

But yeah, I've also been addicted. And once I get them all, I'm just gonna start all over again. I truly adore Odyssey.

darthnazgul wrote:
JAWS_Fan17 wrote:Damn I'm so addicted to collecting all these power moons in Super Mario Odyssey. I'm gonna collect every one I can without looking up a guide, but I will have to eventually, some of these are just damn hard to find even with Toad's hints. :blank:
Don't even get me started on the
flying taxi ones.

But yeah, I've also been addicted. And once I get them all, I'm just gonna start all over again. I truly adore Odyssey.
Oh shit I don't think I've even done any of those and I've got over 650 so far lol.