Robin Hood (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Described as a gritty, revisionist take on the old legend, Lionsgate’s verson – titled Robin Hood: Origins follows the expert archer and swordsman as he returns from fighting in The Crusades to find that Sherwood Forest is rife with corruption and evil. As a result, he forms a band of outlaws, and they soon decide to take matters into their own hands.

TV director Otto Bathurst (Peaky Blinders) is helming the project from a script by Joby Harold, who recently wrote Guy Ritchie and Charlie Hunnam’s Knights Of The Roundtable: King Arthur, which is due out next year. According to Deadline, Lionsgate is looking at a lot of up-and-coming young actors, and the shortlist has been whittled down to British actors Taron Egerton (Kingsman: The Secret Service), Nicholas Hoult (X-Men) and Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Irish actor Jack Reynor (Transformers: Age of Extinction) and American actor Dylan O’Brien (The Maze Runner).
http://screenrant.com/robin-hood-origin ... an-obrien/
Edit: "There are also four Robin Hood projects currently in development, including ones at Warner Bros., Sony and Disney, but Lionsgate hopes to beat all those other studios to the big screen." thus the title.

Of those choices, Egerton.

Overall: WHY

Honestly, I didn't mind this film at all. Don't think I'd be interested in another retelling.

dono if you could pick a more vanilla title

the_red_ninja wrote: Edit: "There are also four Robin Hood projects currently in development, including ones at Warner Bros., Sony and Disney, but Lionsgate hopes to beat all those other studios to the big screen." thus the title.
Oh ffs why

BlairCo wrote:Image
Honestly, I didn't mind this film at all. Don't think I'd be interested in another retelling.
It's kinda a pointless film tho. Scott was clearly very interested in doing a film about Magna Carta - you don't need Robin Hood for that though ya dingus it's a good enough story anyway!

I wish he'd done Myself as Witness instead but I doubt he knows it exists. Actually I'm glad he didn't because he probably would've fucked it up.

just gotta hope that basil rathbone doesn't steal the film from him