Robin Hood (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Wanna know how bad this trailer is? I started thinking to myself half way through "I would have preferred a sequel to Ridley Scott's movie".

Ooh, good to see studios finally capitalising on the massive success of Paul W. S. Anderson's Three Musketeers

What even was that. :sick:

Forum Pro
Law
why

BlairCo wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 9:29 am
Wanna know how bad this trailer is? I started thinking to myself half way through "I would have preferred a sequel to Ridley Scott's movie".
At least that film got a decent look and feel, this just doesn't make any sense

People are saying that there were already enough of Robin Hood movies and we don't need another one. Well, this sure looks like a stinker (it reminds me of BBC series in which some characters wore soldier's khaki pants and other contemporary elements, but that one was at least fun; due to Richard Armitage's characterization of Guy and Keith Allen's Sherrif).

I mean between so many movies, we really don't have a solid, straight, historically accurate imagining of the legend, do we? The cartoon comes closest and we also have Men in Tights, which is at least entertaining. Then we have Fairbanks's black and white version, Flynn's version which sure is a classic, but nowadays looks silly, with colorful costumes, theatre scenography and theatre acting. Then we have Robin and Marian, which aged pretty badly, then Costner's abomination, with American accents, witches, silly story and even sillier soundtrack (with Rickman's performance being the bright exception). And then we got Scott's version, which again, although not even remotely historically accurate, was nicely shot, with some nice representation of medieval life, but didn't show anything from the old legend since it was an origin story of the character in his early 50s. It is true the other Robin Hood movie from 1992 is also quite solid, but lack of budget really shows.

I mean is it really too much to ask from Hollywood, to shoot something in the vein of Angus Donald's Outlaw series of novels or something like Stephen Lawhead Hood series? It would steel be gritty, it would still contain action and young heroes if that's what they aim for. Or just call it something else, Green Arrow: Origin maybe, cause this sure looks more like fantasy with costumes right from steampunk 19th century, silly soldier's armor, modern day contraptions and explosions and so on.

It really is a shame since casting is great (and although, I can't stand Dornan's fanbase, he sure did a great job in The Fall, so I give him the benefit of the doubt).

I don't even know where to begin.

This is one of the most idiotic things I've seen in a long time.

Couldn’t finish this.