Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
But during last night’s The Daily Show, Cruise revealed that they’re currently working on the sixth installment and would like to begin shooting next summer (Cut to the six-minute mark)

If they stick to that schedule, they could conceivably get the next Mission: Impossible film out as early as 2017 depending on the VFX work and where Paramount wants to slot it in the release schedule. That would make it the fastest turnaround yet on a Mission: Impossible movie yet, and I’m wondering if Cruise’s age might have something to do with it. He’s still in amazing shape and doesn’t look anywhere close to his 53 years, but I assume it gets harder with every passing year to do the kind of stunt work these films require. Of course, he could just get a stunt man like every other actor, but that just wouldn’t be the Tom Cruise way.

Assuming they’re on the fast track to get Mission: Impossible 6 made, the question becomes “Who will direct?” When Perri spoke with Cruise on the red carpet at the Rogue Nation world premiere in Vienna, he said he liked working with a different director on each installment, so does this mean Rogue Nation helmer Christopher McQuarrie won’t be coming back?
http://collider.com/mission-impossible- ... om-cruise/

chinn70 wrote:

Assuming they’re on the fast track to get Mission: Impossible 6 made, the question becomes “Who will direct?” When Perri spoke with Cruise on the red carpet at the Rogue Nation world premiere in Vienna, he said he liked working with a different director on each installment, so does this mean Rogue Nation helmer Christopher McQuarrie won’t be coming back?
The first person to come to mind, Duncan Jones.

Christopher McQuarrie Eyeing Return for ‘Mission: Impossible 6’
Following the massive success of “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,” Paramount and Skydance are hoping to stay in business with writer-director Christopher McQuarrie. According to sources close to the situation, McQuarrie will return to write as well as possibly direct the next installment.

The studio and reps for McQuarrie have declined to comment, but several sources with knowledge of the situation say talks are progressing towards a deal being closed, with one insider saying that the studio plans to get production up and running by next August.

Tom Cruise is set to star with the studio also holding an option for Rebecca Ferguson to reprise her “Rogue Nation” role of Ilsa Faust. Cruise is currently filming “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back” in New Orleans. Following the success of “Rogue Nation,” Paramount made it clear they wanted to move fast to get the next installment of the popular “M:I” franchise into production sometime next year.

If McQuarrie’s deal closes, it would mark a major milestone for the franchise, which has never had a director helm more than one installment.

While he has plenty in development, McQuarrie has nothing pressing on his slate that would impede him from working on an “M:I 6” script and prepping the film for a summer 2016 shoot.

Don't know how I feel about that. Rogue Nation was awesome, but I like the different director for each movie approach.

The Skyfall to Spectre scenario scares me.

I'm fine with Christopher writing the script, but i would prefer another director for this sequel.

McQuarrie's improvement from Reacher to Rogue delighted me so I'm curious to see if he can be even better.

Nope, new creative team each time thankee.

The new creative team each time mostly happened because none of the films were very good. McQuarrie's was delightful and was able to have a great balance of what worked in the past ones. I'm thrilled to have him back

Now Where Was I ? wrote:The new creative team each time mostly happened because none of the films were very good.
Please do provide your source.