Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I wish they'd ditch those intro montages.
Its a minor criticism and I understand the reference to the TV series but I dont want to watch snippets of a film I'm in the process of watching.

Other than that this is another entertaining entry in a franchise I gave very little thought about a few months back. Why ? laziness.

Forum Pro
Law

DREAMER wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 8:11 pm
I wish they'd ditch those intro montages.
Its a minor criticism and I understand the reference to the TV series but I dont want to watch snippets of a film I'm in the process of watching.

Other than that this is another entertaining entry in a franchise I gave very little thought about a few months back. Why ? laziness.
I kind of like plus you ain't gonna remember anyway while your watching the movie.

this is a masterpiece and its criminal it isn't being considered for cinematography, editing and score, not to mention best picture

it's basically The Conformist of action movies, which you'd think would resonate considering Bertolucci died earlier this year

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:52 am
it's basically The Conformist of action movies, which you'd think would resonate considering Bertolucci died earlier this year
This was like two weeks ago. Not really earlier this year? :lol:

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 12:52 am
this is a masterpiece and its criminal it isn't being considered for cinematography, editing and score, not to mention best picture

-Vader
It's an action summer blockbuster and doesnt have some social meaning behind it so every award voter will over look it for things lesser. I just dont understand how you can watch this movie as a voter and not see the brilliant filmmaking on display. Ignore it just being another mission impossible sequel and actually look at it as a movie. The voters are clearly not looking at quality as in Black Panther is just good. It makes me mad that something THIS GREAT is forgotten about and considered not good enough for awards. What's it going to take?

xWhereAmI? wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 5:39 pm
What's it going to take?
For old people to die? Luckily, we'll get there eventually. :think:

Even with the Academy becoming more and more diverse, idk when a film like this will be nominated for awards. It's a shame too because it was a really good film and one of my favorites from this year. The dedication and love that everyone put into it really shows.

At the same time though, I wouldn't really be so hung up over Black Panther being nominated. Right now we just have the Golden Globe nominations.What's nominated at the Globes might not make it to the Oscars. Also, it's pretty well known that Globes can be easily bought.

A lot of smaller films are starting to run the best picture race or get nominated. Would be nice to see some love for also the bigger films again