Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm already 20 minutes into Face/Off 2, and I can already tell why it's generally considered the worst in the franchise. It feels like the one area it is trying to be better at than James Bond is being misogynistic. It's miraculous that a compelling character like Ilsa Faust was actually conceived in the same franchise that had a film with a "Should I be the one of top?" joke in it. How many shots penicillin will it take for me to make it through with this movie?

I'm surprised that so many of you hadn't caught up with this franchise. It's among the better ones out there and also one of those peculiar occasions where a film series has been gradually improving with almost each new entry.£

I watched III when it first came out on DVD, then watched the rest whenever they were at the cinema. I've always been a fan of the franchise; I just always put off watching the first 2.

Right,watching Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol tonight.

Master Virgo wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 7:34 am
I'm surprised that so many of you hadn't caught up with this franchise. It's among the better ones out there and also one of those peculiar occasions where a film series has been gradually improving with almost each new entry.£
while we all have gaps in what we've seen, you'd think like, a Turin Horse might be less seen than MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

-Vader

In defense of not catching up with iconic films, I think films become such a big part of culture that seeing them doesn't really feel like a big priority.

Like, I hadn't seen Die Hard until recently because I feel like you see satires, commentaries, jokes, spoofs, and even the film being used in just casual conversation that it's like "I'm not exactly in a rush to see a film I've already heard so much about, for years, and even seen referenced directly in other films".

Cilogy wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 10:07 pm
In defense of not catching up with iconic films, I think films become such a big part of culture that seeing them doesn't really feel like a big priority.

Like, I hadn't seen Die Hard until recently because I feel like you see satires, commentaries, jokes, spoofs, and even the film being used in just casual conversation that it's like "I'm not exactly in a rush to see a film I've already heard so much about, for years, and even seen referenced directly in other films".
what even is this mindset

Cilogy wrote:

This was true for me with The Silence of the Lambs. I had heard so many references to that film that I didn't even know that some of them were for that film until I saw it.

There was also a twist moment in that film that caught me off-guard, because I would have assumed that some pop-culture reference would have made me see it coming from a mile away, but nope. Actually, now that I think of it there is this one film franchise that could have gotten me to guess that twist moment...

Cilogy wrote:

Watching movies is the best therapy after sex, don't be like everybody else today and educate yourself whenever you can.🕷

Finally... My reevaluated MI ranking (Now including Mission's Un and Deux):
1. Rogue Nation
2. Fallout
3. Ghost Protocol
4. I
5. III
6. II