Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 8:20 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 5:27 pm
antovolk wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 4:35 pm
sooooo (not really spoilers but deleted scene)
there's a deleted scene of Vaness Kirby singing Feeling Good and it won't be on the blu

Based on the trailer, it seems like there are a lot of deleted scenes/moments.
Yea like
in the trailer Cruise drives a truck about to crash into another one
Looks like an entire set piece missing
i think he’s in the heli, but yeah

everything seems to have been cut for pacing and story, though. i mean, this movie is already two and a half hours - which is fifteen minutes longer than any MI film has ever been

also, Cruise said McQ did a number of rewrites during production, so that probably has something to do with cut trailer shots as well

He’s driving a heli in that scene and most likely pulls up at the last second. Hopefully in deleted scenes.

Saw it yesterday.

It was awesome! Please I need some help.
I loved Fallout. It's really good. The action scenes are stunning. Cruise's performance is incredible, also... long live the Hunt!

But...

I've got a bittersweet result at the end. I think that that is because I have get used to the "clever" finale, where the FMI team win the battle with guile and craftiness. Here I've only seen action and brutal force at the end. Am I right? Plese, tell me I'm where I'm wrong, because I loved the film.

I've really liked the "hospital" scene, where the they played there part in the simulation. OMG. Or when The Secretary (Baldwin) makes a scene with Ethan. It's excellent!

But I was hoping some cleverness with all that action.

I would love to watch it again and see what I have missed.
Thoughts?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 8:29 am
Cilogy wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 8:20 am
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 5:27 pm

Based on the trailer, it seems like there are a lot of deleted scenes/moments.
Yea like
in the trailer Cruise drives a truck about to crash into another one
Looks like an entire set piece missing
i think he’s in the heli, but yeah

everything seems to have been cut for pacing and story, though. i mean, this movie is already two and a half hours - which is fifteen minutes longer than any MI film has ever been

also, Cruise said McQ did a number of rewrites during production, so that probably has something to do with cut trailer shots as well
McQuarrie said on the podcast that they only had 30 pages at the start of production. Essentially they put it all together as they went along. There wasn't even a single completed draft done.

There'll be a 'deleted shots' reel on the Blu-ray with commentary which includes that truck moment. Kirby singing won't be on it though per McQ

Oh shit, I haven't done the NFometer yet. Soon I promise.£

hadn’t gotten to the podcast yet. i didn’t realize they only had 30 pages at the start of production - when i saw Cruise said McQ was writing during production i assumed that just meant some rewrites :wtf:

Watched the first five movies this week. Looking forward to Fallout tomorrow! I'm going to see it in IMAX.

Magnificent. Huge Nolan influence imo

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 10:42 am
Magnificent. Huge Nolan influence imo

;)

-Vader