Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
True story:

1st screening in Dolby, crowd isn't rowdy to a fault, not much clapping/gasps/laughing, etc.

2nd screening now in IMAX, crowd is perfect amount of loud, freaking out, cheering, etc etc. One dude was 20m late then texted through half the movie but out of my view so who cares. Loved it.

BUT:

right during THE ultimate climax of the movie in the precise moment we're seeing if the good guys won or not, a dude gets a phone call, ANSWERS, and walks out of the theater during that moment talking on his phone.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 11:12 pm
True story:

1st screening in Dolby, crowd isn't rowdy to a fault, not much clapping/gasps/laughing, etc.

2nd screening now in IMAX, crowd is perfect amount of loud, freaking out, cheering, etc etc. One dude was 20m late then texted through half the movie but out of my view so who cares. Loved it.

BUT:

right during THE ultimate climax of the movie in the precise moment we're seeing if the good guys won or not, a dude gets a phone call, ANSWERS, and walks out of the theater during that moment talking on his phone.

-Vader
womp womp

This movie was so damn good. The last action set piece in Kashmir was a show-stopper.

Ivan wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 9:40 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 6:38 pm
Action masterpiece and most intense theater experience I’ve had since Inception (2010) and TDK (2008). I’m not putting it in the same category as MM:FR though but as a pure action movie it’s damn close. It’s just that thematically FR has more to say whereas this is ‘just’ M:I in its purest distiled form. Still, quite a feat to even talk about all these great movies in the same paragraph for me, which I never expected. Definitely seeing it again asap. My whole family was completely into it and my mother even thanked me for buying the tickets afterwards. The audience was great as well, everybody silent, tense and/or cheering throughout. My palms were completely sweaty by the end, which took me a while to even realize.
It's the norm, right?
But then the guy next to me just pulls his phone and starts texting right at the beggining. And change the seat and then.... the woman in front of me is already texting, more than the guy before. And in the end, during the helicopter scene, this guy right in the front row also starts texting, in one of the most tense moments in the movie!!!
If it’s close to me, I always tell, zero fucks given.

People who do that in cinema have a whole circle of hell reserved just for them I believe.

And I just woke up, happy that I’ll watch this in 5-7 days again, enough time to see all of the previous movies before it, that’s how good this movie is. It makes you wanna watch more movies.
Last edited by m4st4 on July 29th, 2018, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cilogy wrote:
July 28th, 2018, 8:40 am
It's what Spectre should have been.
I thought the same thing.

I had two chatty babies in two separate parts of the theater in my screening.

But those parents were VIP's, so I guess it's okay. :blank:

Here in Croatia we even have a set of commercials about people like that. Yesterday it was a goat, just staring at us, chewing. And the message said: ‘people will see you as this if you don’t turn off your mobile during the movie. Don’t be a moron, do the right thing.’

I'm not caught up on this series. :? :? :? :wtf:

Allstar wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 12:03 am
oh no oh dear!

Allstar wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 12:03 am
Before you see this, it is imperative that you see Rogue Nation.

To get a little more involved, I would recommend you start from III, and then go to Ghost Protocol, then Rogue Nation.

Skipping the first and second films is okay, both from story and tone perspective (plus character relationships).