The Suicide Squad (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

There's like a 5 percent chance that Gibson will direct this. If he does, he's going to make the movie every Suicide Squad fan wanted. And there will be his edit, and his edit only. I just don't see him working with a Harley Quinn type of character, or Killer Croc honestly.

It's also hilarious because he said BvS was a piece of shit. God, i wonder what he would think of the first Squad movie.

I shouldn't even be thinking about it because Gibson is not doing this. :lol:

In your dreams Warner Brothers.

I don't really want Gibson to direct. He has stated before that he has a dislike for comic book movies and I feel like a guy who doesn't like comic book films wouldn't gel so well with Suicide Squad....

I don't think his heart will be in but hey... maybe after he did what he wanted with HR he's willing to go boombastic and get outside his comfort zone a bit.

RIFA wrote:I don't think his heart will be in but hey... maybe after he did what he wanted with HR he's willing to go boombastic and get outside his comfort zone a bit.
If I was a decorated director like Mel Gibson, idk if I would want to follow up something like Hacksaw Ridge with freaking Suicide Squad 2...especially when you consider what a mess the first film was.

No way does he get it. The controversy would be enormous.

Can't wait to get MyCocaine's thoughts on this!

He'd rather direct Iron Man I think.

Rumors of him reading in on the source material has my hyped he might actually be considering it. WB should just give him carte blanche lol R rated and all

Would be great if he directs