The Suicide Squad (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

There's like a 5 percent chance that Gibson will direct this. If he does, he's going to make the movie every Suicide Squad fan wanted. And there will be his edit, and his edit only. I just don't see him working with a Harley Quinn type of character, or Killer Croc honestly.

It's also hilarious because he said BvS was a piece of shit. God, i wonder what he would think of the first Squad movie.

I shouldn't even be thinking about it because Gibson is not doing this. :lol:

In your dreams Warner Brothers.

I don't really want Gibson to direct. He has stated before that he has a dislike for comic book movies and I feel like a guy who doesn't like comic book films wouldn't gel so well with Suicide Squad....

I don't think his heart will be in but hey... maybe after he did what he wanted with HR he's willing to go boombastic and get outside his comfort zone a bit.

RIFA wrote:I don't think his heart will be in but hey... maybe after he did what he wanted with HR he's willing to go boombastic and get outside his comfort zone a bit.
If I was a decorated director like Mel Gibson, idk if I would want to follow up something like Hacksaw Ridge with freaking Suicide Squad 2...especially when you consider what a mess the first film was.

No way does he get it. The controversy would be enormous.

Can't wait to get MyCocaine's thoughts on this!

He'd rather direct Iron Man I think.

nah I'd rather him do a project with a little more prospect of success than this, even if he's a prick

If Alice managed to get from one billion mega hit to a 300 mil flop sequel or if Ice Age 5 sold less than half the amount of the previous film's revenue, then I don't think there is a guarantee for any sequel these days. Particularly for one that wasn't very well recieved by the audience.£