The Suicide Squad (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Peter Capaldi Joining James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’; Is ‘SNL’s Pete Davidson Next?
We hear that Doctor Who actor and 1995 Oscar winner Peter Capaldi is boarding James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad at Warner Bros. We also hear that Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson has been in talks for a small cameo in the pic, and there’s a chance he’ll do it between breaks on Saturday Night Live. That deal is still coming together.

Word is that there’s a table reading for the DC sequel on Sept. 11 with production starting Sept. 23 at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, GA for a Aug. 6, 2021 release.

No details were given in regards to which roles Capaldi or Davidson will play.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/suicide-sq ... ssion=true

I have to be honest... with all these people joining the project, and all those fucking weird characters they are planning to include (I don't know anything about the comics, but all of those names like Polka Dot Man are super silly in a good way), I'm actually getting interested in this film. Could this be a sort of anti-Avengers?

Gunn is going to own this.

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 3:09 pm
I have to be honest... with all these people joining the project, and all those fucking weird characters they are planning to include (I don't know anything about the comics, but all of those names like Polka Dot Man are super silly in a good way), I'm actually getting interested in this film. Could this be a sort of anti-Avengers?
This is going to be X-Men Origins tier.

James Gunn @JamesGunn

Don’t get too attached. #TheSuicideSquad

capaldi as mr. freeze please

my boah Dastmalchian been in the superhero game for 11 years

is this a reboot

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 3:01 am
is this a reboot
It’s neither a sequel or a reboot.

I don't really know how to feel about this