Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I never disagreed that he's an icon. I merely said that he's not among the best and brightest filmmakers currently working. I mean Pacino and DeNiro each have at least one great film in their career as directors, and I wouldn't even go that far with any of them.£

Fuck you Rocky III is magnificent

ArmandFancypants wrote:Fuck you Rocky III is magnificent

Cilogy wrote:The only saving grace about Trevorrow right now is that he isn't Abrams.
Wouldn't really say that's a saving grace

Cilogy wrote:The only saving grace about Trevorrow right now is that he isn't Abrams.
lol

Abrams is a much better filmmaker but I kind of agree. JJ doing another SW's would just be boring. At least with Trevorrow he could potentially surprise us.

Colin Trevorrow: [Leia] was a major character, that’s not a secret. She really was. And it was extremely sad for all of us, mostly just because she was so loved by the Star Wars family and everyone that worked with her. I feel like our options are limited mostly by ourselves, in that there [are] only certain things that we are willing to do. But I can guarantee it will be handled with love and respect, and all of the soul that Carrie Fisher deserves.
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1667019 ... rie-fisher
Colin Trevorrow: The process of Star Wars began way back in August of 2015 when I looked at what J.J. and Rian had done and I’m very fortunate that I’m surrounded by some really, really brilliant producers and brilliant creative minds – Kiri Hart and the Lucasfilm story group and my producer [Michelle] Rejwan and Kathy Kennedy and also J.J. and Rian, Larry Kasdan. I mean, these are the best minds available and everybody’s engaged in making sure this is the most satisfying and emotionally resonant conclusion that we can possibly deliver.
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-sequel-trilogy-end/

Colin Trevorrow: I think having to force myself to confront my own fears as a parent, and really dig into places that I may otherwise not want to dig into and want to look away from. It’s where I have to go with [Star Wars] for it to be as emotionally resonate as it has to be. I have to find something deeply personal for myself in what I’m about to do or else it’s just going to feel shallow.
Colin Trevorrow: It’s how it was with us [growing up]. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia were all characters that we were able to identify with in various ways, and especially with the character of Rey and what she means to young girls right now, and the challenges that she’s up against. It is extremely crucial that I understand what actual children are feeling about these stories that we’re telling them, and I think it’s important that I have kids, and if filmmakers don’t have kids, they should go talk to them because they don’t see things the same way that we did when we were kids. So, yes, I am very dialed in to that because I think it’s a requisite of the job.
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-epis ... ef-update/

Colin Trevorrow: [The Book of Henry] is a big story and it's an important story to tell. I think that for me to be able to do something that has this level of raw emotion as a family drama headed into the biggest family drama that we know which also has its own raw emotion I think that movies like this and Star Wars are the only films where a character can yell, 'Noooo!' and like you buy it. And you believe in it and it's earned."

Q: Carrie Fisher passed away last year and I know that she was gonna be - her character Princess Leia was gonna be a big focus of Star Wars [Episode] IX. You as the writer - how much of the film had you had written when she unfortunately passed away and how did that change your - how have you changed the direction of the film because of that?
Colin Trevorrow: I can't do [say] too many specifics, but she was really where I began when I started thinking what this story was gonna be. It was about her in a lot of ways. Obviously you know Rey is the hero and that is the character who we're tracking through these films but each one of them has had a character from the earlier trilogy who has really been the key stone of the film and she was going to be. It was very tragic and very sad for all of us beyond just the fact we lost somebody that we all love. And it's my responsibility to find a way to honor her and keep her soul and her presence in the film without Carrie. It's very sad.
Q: Will the ninth episode kind of wrap up that trilogy or will it lead us into...
Colin Trevorrow: Yes. The ninth episode will wrap up that trilogy.

Evan Saathoff‏ @evansaathoff 3h3 hours ago
Hard to imagine a movie being worse or more obnoxious than BOOK OF HENRY

Evan Saathoff‏ @evansaathoff 3h3 hours ago
Episode IX is going to suck.

Undoubtedly.