Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fact is, Star Wars never properly left since The Phantom Menace made its cinematic debut. Since then we had the end of the Prequel series, the Clone wars animated movie, the Clone Wars tv show, the Rebels tv show, the Sequel trilogy, the stand-alone films, the Mandalorian, etc. It's not even nostalgia lol. It's just affirmation of people liking the stuff that they like watching currently. The comics also never went away either. If you actually left Star Wars alone for 50 years and then came back to it I'd say there would be room to say we needed more of this but as it stands I'm sick of Star Wars and its limited and tiny universe. This was never like going through your box of old toys, more like picking up the toy you left lying around your room 3 days ago and pretending that it was an eternity since you last saw it.

:lol: :facepalm:

I don't get why the internet is freaking out over this?

The movie sorta implies this is the case anyway, and it's the "explanation" that's in most EU stories, ala Dark Empire and the like.

it's more that the movie's opening act is a total mess, I guess

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 5:32 pm
I don't get why the internet is freaking out over this?

The movie sorta implies this is the case anyway, and it's the "explanation" that's in most EU stories, ala Dark Empire and the like.

it's more that the movie's opening act is a total mess, I guess

-Vader
Sorta... Implies.

Well that's just marvelous storytelling.

Pack it up folks, we lost the star war.

I am certainly not freaking out over it, I don't really care...it is just quite silly this gets "confirmed" in a novelization of the movie.

Allstar wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 5:37 pm
I am certainly not freaking out over it, I don't really care...it is just quite silly this gets "confirmed" in a novelization of the movie.
I guess so. The novelization is based on earlier versions of the screenplay so there would always be some differences when so much changed in production and on post.

The issue bigger than his origin, which I'm fine with being semi-ambiguous, is the Blofeld of it all imo.

-Vader

Why didn't Sheev make an army of himself then, if all were equally as powerful as him. That would have been insane. Lol

Master Virgo wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 6:21 pm
Why didn't Sheev make an army of himself then, if all were equally as powerful as him. That would have been insane. Lol
To be clear, my understanding is that Papatine was just a clone body and his spirit or whatever went into him. Not just a straight up clone.

-Vader

I*d like to thank this movie, for it moved me away from Star Wars, if only for a while, and made me appreciate things like The Next Generation, completely different side of SF spectrum, which I'm now revisiting with fresh perspective.