Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hopefully Boyega’s career fades into oblivion post Star Wars. Would serve him right. He’s also the worst new actor of the ST quite comfortably.

Allstar wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:23 pm
Hopefully Boyega’s career fades into oblivion post Star Wars. Would serve him right. He’s also the worst new actor of the ST quite comfortably.
He's good. And you hope his whole career goes away because of couple dumb comments?

I wouldn't hope for young actor's struggle like that. He's just too green.

That being said, OST has leaked and the spoilers were right all this time, of course they were.

I'll say one thing, if you want to form your own opinion and completely stay out of the shitshow, now is the time. Don't engage the trolls for at least couple of months. TLJ was nothing compared to what is surely coming.

Again, I really like... most of it, on paper.

it didn't take long for Allstar to show his true colors once he's back, what the fuck lol

-Vader

I’m ripping an actor for his comments and defending a beloved filmmaker in RJ. That’s not doing anything to anyone on this forum. These comments just genuinely pissed me off and I reacted emotionally. I’m done.

PS. I was purposely being hyperbolic and over the top with “his career fading into oblivion”, but was serious with I think he’s the weak link of all the newcomers. Hopefully he just grows up a bit and shows more respect.

The leaks....

Bacon wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 2:07 am
The leaks....
What's funny is... J. J. will get to have another one of his...
'not Khan' outright liies moments post premiere.
Same for Ridley's comments about...
Rey's powers not coming from a man.
ROTS is a movie practically served for RLM crowd but I'm hoping it ends up being as weird and good as TLJ was for me.

m4st4 wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 4:04 am
Bacon wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 2:07 am
The leaks....
What's funny is... J. J. will get to have another one of his...
'not Khan' outright liies moments post premiere.
Same for Ridley's comments about...
Rey's powers not coming from a man.
ROTS is a movie practically served for RLM crowd but I'm hoping it ends up being as weird and good as TLJ was for me.
Please respond to pm.

I feel sorry for Rian. Even though I wished he made TLJ even more radical and fresh because I really hoped the ST would turn out to be even more fresh material than the PT was to the OT (it isn't), it sucks for him to have Boyega speak out like this. Hamill did the same but he apologized in the end. I get why Ridley was upset with it on a personal level but as far as I can remember she never discredited the film or Rian. Right? It just seems like such a shitty thing to do. I mean yes personal opinion and all but Star Wars gave them (well at least Ridley and Boyega) their big break, why go all negative on it... It's just a huge pity.

Anyway, I'm glad Driver is fully supportive of this. He also continues to be the MVP in these films so far. Kylo is, for me, by far the most interesting new character they've created.

I also keep forgetting I'm seeing this next week lol, getting slowly more hyped and yes mostly because of Driver. He's absolutely killing it. He was fantastic in The Report and I can't wait to see Marriage Story. As for ROS, I fear we're going to tread into OT territory even more than before... But I hope Abrams and Terrio have enough fresh material on their hands.

Vader182 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:15 pm
Some overlook Ridley was struggling with severe anxiety and mental health problems throughout much of TFA and TLJ. TLJ wrote her into a place that stripped her of her emotional support system (IE, Boyega) and she reacted. As she grew into a healthier emotional and mental place, she seemingly grew to appreciate TLJ for what it was. She never openly criticized the movie, either, only spoke to it being hard for her and why. So how about we don't shame Ridley (cough, virgo, cough) for this, hm?

PS, Driver is totally in sync and supportive of both JJ and Rian and has only praised the movies and the work of the people around him. JJ's 3 movie arc to him is what sold him to sign onto the trilogy.
Honestly, I don’t even think I knew that. But it makes a lot of sense, even if I don’t really agree with voicing it publicly, given how much of a shitshow reactions to TLJ ended up being and how easy it is to fan that fire. But I really feel for her.

Also ngl it warms my heart to know Driver was always supportive of this lmao

edit: anyway i’m seeing this on the 18th i think and everyone who tries to spam leaks and spoilers is getting a permaban