Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So this is petty, but this film and Episode III have similar acronyms and I feel like it's going to drive me up the motherfucking wall for years to come.

a Palpatine wins in both

So at the end of the day this made about as much as Rogue One, the first Star Wars spin-off. That's pretty bad for the conclusion of the Skywalker saga.

Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 5:44 pm
a Palpatine wins in both
Palpatines win 6 out of 9 Skywalker Saga films.

Should be renamed to
Palpatine Saga

#JusticeForPalpatines

It saddens me that I most likely won't buy this shit entry to complete the collection... The only other SW movie I didn't get was Solo, but this is a saga entry.

I have a feeling JJ is going to go into hiding for a while before he directs something again.

Allstar wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 3:52 am
I have a feeling JJ is going to go into hiding for a while before he directs something again.
Or go to WB since Bad Robot is rumored to have a tight connection with DC after HBO Max releases. Fuck up something there like Whedon did.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 6:28 pm
Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 5:44 pm
a Palpatine wins in both
Palpatines win 6 out of 9 Skywalker Saga films.
I know but I wanted to amplify that the conclusion to the PT and the ST ends with a Palpatine winning.
But hey, if this means new Skywalkers in the second ST (the SST?) will have the ability to shoot lightning from their hands; that's pretty cool, at least :P

I feel like this thread triggers me because whenever I see it I start writing a post like it's a fucking graduate-level term paper on all my latest complaints, but then it gets so out of control that I eventually delete it before submitting. So now I have to just break them up into angry one-liners every once in a while.

But how stupid it is that the shape of the goddamn blade perfectly fits, not only a piece of the Death Star, but wreckage from the Death Star. How fucking stupid does JJ Abrams think we are? Like, what is this fucking Intergalactic Treasure: Blade of Secrets?