Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt for a motion-capture character.

Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:might as well lock this
Why? I'm trying to fix the fact that the other title is incorrectly named. Rian Johnson isn't confirmed to direct this.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If there ever was a thread worth locking, it's this one.

m4st4 wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Cilogy wrote:might as well lock this
Why? I'm trying to fix the fact that the other title is incorrectly named. Rian Johnson isn't confirmed to direct this.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If there ever was a thread worth locking, it's this one.
Don't you know.

We can't have one thread for two movies.

Besides, they're just movies.

DoubleD wrote:Don't you know.

We can't have one thread for two movies.

Besides, they're just movies.
:lol:

Exclusive: Who's The Front-Runner To Direct 'Star Wars: Episode IX?'
When we got the official announcement about the core production team behind the next two upcoming Star Wars films, Rogue One and Episode VIII, there was one name that was suspiciously absent from the creative team.

We’re all expecting the LucasFilm story group to have the reigns on how the overall Star Wars universe progresses, but that doesn’t mean the job of director on one of the core trilogy films isn’t a desirable one.

Despite his absence from the production team on the next installments, his commitment to other ongoing franchises and early rumors of disagreements between him and the Disney Team, there’s a good chance that J.J. Abrams will be back to direct Star Wars: Episode IX.

We can only report it as a rumor this far out, but those at Disney who have seen footage from The Force Awakens are very happy with what Abrams has delivered. J.J. himself has been vocal about how crazy the process has been, but has given equal time to his love of the series.

There are enough conversations about J.J. Abrams returning to direct Episode IX that we’ve been able to independently verify it four times that his name is the front-runner for the last trilogy installment and the movie isn’t due until 2019, but maybe the Disney process doesn’t clash with the Mystery Box Maker as much as we originally thought.

Expect denials from Abrams' camp.

I don't think Jonathan Liebesman is being given a fair shake here.

Cilogy wrote:I don't think Jonathan Liebesman is being given a fair shake here.

Well of course Disney wants Abrams, but does he want to return is the question.

I thought they wanted a different Director for each film, like the OT? I thought that was the plan. I would prefer a more inspired choice than just Abrams. I think Rian Johnson for VIII is very good

I'm betting it'll be Bird.