Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Awesome title, great western visuals (with a touch of original Alien), batshit Lucas level intrigue by the end... needless to say I’m fucking in since this looks like a worthy saga sequel.

trailer was neat

but
Palpatine returning feels kinda cheap, unless he's a force ghost for Kylo or something

otherwise ehhh

Skipping out on any new trailers. I feel like I've seen enough in the teaser trailer. I don't feel the hype like I did with TFA but I'll be there day one.

I wonder if JJ is just going to refer to him as “The Emperor” and not Darth Sidious or Palpatine. Would be lame if he just refereed to him as The Emperor since Rian name dropped Darth Sidious in Last Jedi.

So, is it Death Star 1 or 2 that they're looking at lol

as long as it doesn't function anymore

Completely forgot how beautiful Daisy Ridley is.

I don't like the title has a surname in it

that's weird dude

Yeah, the title is kinda awkward, but i'm sure i'm gonna get used to it. Liked the teaser well enough.

So JJ is deflecting the question on Rey’s parentage. If he wasn’t gonna change it/alter it I think he would just say that. A lot of people really think he will make Rey a Skywalker.

Glad he got some input from Lucas. He sort of implied Palpatine might have been a Lucas idea.