Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 12:34 pm
anikom15 wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 12:05 pm
The Force is everything.
Of course. But it doesn't change the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with whoever is more powerful.
Ahh okay I get your point now.

:facepalm:

The blame is also on Harrison Ford who wanted his character to die and not just the screenwriters. I would have prefered Abrams to do this kind of fan service and a more original story, but I understand why he did what he did, and I don't know if we would be as invested in Rey and Kylo, if they had put all the "ancients" together.

Why does Hamill keep on bitching about that? The whole idea is for new characters to take over. If they went full on reunion everybody would've been much more infested in their arcs than the new ones. Hell, this is even the sole reason they kept Luke out of TFA and only let him be a narrative device rather than a fully fledged character of his own.

Nomis wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 8:40 am
Why does Hamill keep on bitching about that? The whole idea is for new characters to take over. If they went full on reunion everybody would've been much more infested in their arcs than the new ones. Hell, this is even the sole reason they kept Luke out of TFA and only let him be a narrative device rather than a fully fledged character of his own.

seeing the TROS trailer on the huge IMAX screen gave me goosebumps so, there's that.

-Vader