Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:I'm tired of people suggesting the same 10 to 15 names. I want a completely out-of-left-field choice.
No. You don't want anyone too inexperienced making these things.

-Vader
Unique doesn't necessarily mean inexperienced.

Maybe Lord and Miller left Han Solo to come do Ep. 9

Francis Lawrence would be an interesting choice. He made the Sci-Fi aspects of The Hunger Games feel more lived in than what Gary Ross did.

BlairCo wrote:Francis Lawrence would be an interesting choice. He made the Sci-Fi aspects of The Hunger Games feel more lived in than what Gary Ross did.
Now we're talking.

JAWS_Fan17 wrote:Maybe Lord and Miller left Han Solo to come do Ep. 9
:lol: :clap:

what'd I say

http://deadline.com/2017/09/rian-johnso ... 202162109/
EXCLUSIVE: Put Rian Johnson atop the short list of directors who might replace the recently departed Colin Trevorrow in Star Wars: Episode IX. Insiders said that nothing is done yet, but that prospect is certainly in the air right now. The Looper helmer fit seamlessly into the LucasFilm machine, which is no small feat given the number of star directors who’ve been chewed up and spat out under the “creative difference” line in exiting Star Wars movies. Deadline was first to tell you that Ron Howard was top choice to replace Lord & Miller as director of the Han Solo spinoff movie, and that came to pass. If Johnson, who directed the December 15 launching Star Wars: The Last Jedi, does in fact come back to take the reins of the next movie, it would somehow seem like destiny. When Deadline revealed that the Looper helmer was being hired to take on Star Wars, the original intention was for him to direct two movies. Stay tuned. It might come to pass.

-Vader

They need him for the Book of Henry cinematic universe

Borys Kit‏ (THR)
Will Lucasfilm go for the tried and tested? Rian Johnson's AND JJ Abrams' names emerging as contenders to replace Colin Trevorrow.

Nothing official yet, but it's definitely sounding like Johnson is the guy. While I was more confident in Trevorrow than others in general were, it definitely gives me more confidence that the finale to this new saga seems to be in Johnson's hands.

Allstar wrote:
m4st4 wrote:KK announces Rian coming back after they release the trailer for TLJ. Everyone looses their minds.
Keep dreaming.
I don't have to.