Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Very skeptical of these leaks for two reasons.

1.) Both the recent JJ leak and this one end in going to Mortis. That's a very weird coincidence when the JJ leak is total bullshit.

2.) The idea of Ben dying in Trevorrow's version without any redemption is completely insane and contradicts where his arc is clearly going in TFA and TLJ and what Disney (and RJ) would want.

Most of it sounds pretty good, but it's weird both Rey and Ren's "arc" would be going to find some object that would fix everything for them.

-Vader

ThePlaylist.net - Colin Trevorrow's 'Star Wars' Episode IX' Was Called 'Duel Of The Fates' & Its Real
So, now, to the Reddit leak(which is basically the RMB video). The short version: they match the details of what insiders close to the projects told about the Trevorrow’s Episode IX screenplay a month ago. A second and third source has just now confirmed to us the script details are indeed real, including the confirmation of the title “Star Wars: Duel Of The Fates.”
https://theplaylist.net/duel-of-the-fat ... -20200114/

Still less contradictory than plenty of stuff in Rise of Skywalker with its characters. And yes, Rodrigo’s sources are legit. Colin was also quick to dismiss fake leaks last time, silent this time...telling. At least Colin wasn’t a fraud like JJ when it comes to KMT/Rose. And yeah, as weak of a screenwriter Colin is...he’s still better than Terrio! Should have just made this movie.

Vader182 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 11:28 pm

1.) Both the recent JJ leak and this one end in going to Mortis. That's a very weird coincidence when the JJ leak is total bullshit.

2.) The idea of Ben dying in Trevorrow's version without any redemption is completely insane and contradicts where his arc is clearly going in TFA and TLJ and what Disney (and RJ) would want.

Most of it sounds pretty good, but it's weird both Rey and Ren's "arc" would be going to find some object that would fix everything for them.

-Vader
Ehhh I do think Rian set him up to be the big bad though, which is so sadly, instantly thrown out by JJ. Obviously his character can’t be static through the whole film but I don’t think Rian set him up for redemption, maybe just someone whose past would be his downfall.

anarchy wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 4:39 am
Vader182 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 11:28 pm

-Vader
Ehhh I do think Rian set him up to be the big bad though, which is so sadly, instantly thrown out by JJ. Obviously his character can’t be static through the whole film but I don’t think Rian set him up for redemption, maybe just someone whose past would be his downfall.
Yep, good points.

Also, Luke’s sacrifice actually is very relevant in Colin’s script. Sad.

Oku
The last shot of Kylo in The Last Jedi is his kneeling on the ground with an ambivalent expression on his face, possibly in remorse of what he'd done.

And aren't all the ships showing up at the end in The Rise of Skywalker in part thanks to Luke's sacrifice at Crait inspiring hope across the galaxy?
Last edited by Nomis on January 15th, 2020, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags

Oku wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 8:39 am
And aren't all the ships showing up at the end in The Rise of Skywalker in part thanks to Luke's sacrifice at Crait inspiring hope across the galaxy?
I guess you could make that connection, but TROS doesn't. Luke's sacrifice isn't referenced once.

anarchy wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 4:39 am
"I held out hope for so long, but I know my son is gone."

"No one's ever really gone."

-Vader

Adam Chitwood: "while fans were curious as to the veracity of the whole thing, sources familiar with Trevorrow’s script confirm to Collider that the plot details revealed in Burnett’s video line up with what was in that particular draft." (January 14, 2020)

Chris Evangelista: "But /Film can confirm that this leak, and all of the details that come with it, are indeed legit." (January 15, 2020)

Trevorrow is a really bad storyteller so him seeing this through would still have been bad but Lucasfilm scrapping this for the JJ/Terrio story is completely nuts.