Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
anikom15 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:37 pm
My fiancée is forcing me to see this.

This is at 57%...

Wow, guys I can't wait for Star Wars: Episode IX. It's weird they haven't announced anything about it yet after all the praise for The Last Jedi.

Who do you guys think is writing/directing? So much to look forward to!

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:49 am
Wow, guys I can't wait for Star Wars: Episode IX. It's weird they haven't announced anything about it yet after all the praise for The Last Jedi.

-Vader
Please elaborate.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
My theater didn't have the Tenet prologue. And if that wasn't disappointing enough, I had to spend the next 2 and a half hour sitting through this shitty movie. Oh and I had to sit behind some loud obnoxious guy who just had to give his sarcastic commentary throughout the movie. So ya this was the worst theater going experiences that I have had in the last couple of years.

Vader182 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:49 am

-Vader
I'm guessing you're still wrestling with words, processing the shyte.

What pisses me off just as much as everything else I said earlier
The fake killing of Chewie. Man, that could have been brilliant! Sure, it would have left me completely heartbroken, because I love Chewie to death, but a broken heart means nothing if it can bring great storytelling. But imagine that. Rey accidentally killing someone she obviously loves very much, one of the very last positive reminders of Han she had - all because of her reckless lack of control. She would have needed to come to terms with just how dangerous and destructive she is. Loss is something that was always supposed to be detrimental to her especially, but she’s perfectly insulated from that here. Her “struggles” with the dark side here mean *nothing*.
Aw fuck this man. This film is just falling apart for me. I feel like whatever issues I may have had with Rey in TLJ were basically encapsulated and amplified 100x in this movie, because this is the point where thing could have taken an interesting route in her development but writers were like “NOPE haha”

58% critics, 86% audience. Looks like it could be the opposite of TLJ--if it has enough "fan service" moments it will probably do well with the general audience, similar to Rogue One.

Ozymandias wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:25 am
58% critics, 86% audience. Looks like it could be the opposite of TLJ--if it has enough "fan service" moments it will probably do well with the general audience, similar to Rogue One.
Can confirm. Everyone at work is raving about this. "Best Star Wars movie so far" I've heard a few times in passing.