Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HorrorBiz wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 3:39 am
Campea not liking it is probably the most surprising reaction of all.
This. That guy usually loves absolutely everything Disney

I don't give a damn what the reviews say lol

I'm slowly getting more hyped about Thursday, also partially because I still have a tiny little bit of hope I'll get to see either the Tenet prologue or the trailer I mean you never know.

Watching TFA tonight, TLJ tomorrow

Nomis wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:12 am
I don't give a damn what the reviews say lol
Why? Reviews are generally a good indicator of quality. I think you agree wether you realize it or not based on your favorites of the year list.

Tougher markers/non-fanboy types basically critics over bloggers are seeing it today and review embargo is early tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what today brings.
BUT #StarWars  is not a perfect movie. The plot is convoluted, and some of it feels force & contrived. There’s a LOT going on in #TheRiseOfSkywalker  — too much, actually. For Director JJ, if The Force Awakens = Star Trek 2009, then Rise of Skywalker = Star Trek Into Darkness (2)
- Scott Mantz aka the guy who’s become a meme for his over the top positive reactions to everything

I mean, it's a JJ Abrams flick. Average is par for the course.

@robertliefeld
RISE OF SKYWALKER is the Ultimate Fanboy Jerk Off! I loved it. I LOVED IT!!! I LOVE IT! J.J. stirs your love of this fabled franchise at every possible opportunity. Daisy Ridley is as charismatic as anyone on screen, she carries this final chapter, lifting it to new heights!
Watching next friday. Can't wait!!!

Darren Mooney @Darren_Mooney

It may be a bit early to say this, but I’m pretty confident: #TheRiseOfSkywalker  may be the worst “Star Wars” film.

The real tragedy of #TheRiseOfSkwalker is that it is designed to appease the type of audience who - by definition - can never be appeased.

And it works so hard to appease them that it alienates everybody else.
I often really like this guys takes on things. This seems like a bit much, his first tweet anyway.

I'm so pissed with JJ right now.

not gonna lie, i'm worried.

the tweet about star wars "fans" killing star wars - depressing

also, y'all can say you don't give a damn about the critics (i say that too all the time), but we all care in ways we're not even willing to consciously acknowledge

Just came back from the press screening. I'm really pissed with JJ and the fandboys who turned a great (amazing) movie (TLJ) into this: a messed fan service.

So what's with all the talk JJ wanting to respect Rian's vision? :blank:

I have a feeling this movie will be disliked by both the TLJ fans and haters. The former hate it for what it does, the latter don't like the ST anyway.