Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 11:59 pm
Vader182 wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 11:35 pm
review embargo is up December 18th at 12 a.m. pacific time zone IE tuesday night for us in the states

-Vader
Were the other Star Wars embargoes up that close to release?
Release date of The Force Awakens was December 18th. Embargo ended Wednesday at 12 a.m. pacific. The premiere was the previous Monday, December 14th with social media reactions.

Release date of The Last Jedi was December 15th. Embargo ended Tuesday, December 12 at 11 pacific. The premiere was 7 days before opening night, Saturday the 9th with social media reactions.

The Rise of Skywalker premiere is Monday, December 16th. That's when we can expect social media reactions.
(It is also, by no coincidence, when I will probably go completely offline lol.)

-Vader

Gotcha. I went dark on social media for TLJ, so I didn't know when embargoes/reactions dropped.

Hell yeah! I leave for my cruise on the 16th, so I'll be off the grid until the 23rd when I'll get to judge it all for myself.

Going December 18th, wish it was more than measly two hours but we'll see.

It's 2 hours and 21 minutes

Ruth wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 11:51 am
My biggest fear is that at this point, no matter how good/bad the film is, whichever way the story ends up going, it won't match whatever shit I'll have cooked up in my mind. And like, that's 100% MY problem lmao, and one of the reasons why I've been avoiding any promo material - to not give too much room for imagination, but I can't shut off my brain too lol.
I'm already torn with Kylo Ren, because I feel like he's so far been such a good character, especially in TLJ, that no matter what they'll do with him, I'll be the one whining about it on here lmao. I don't want him to have a redemption arc to be "vadered" off the story, but I also don't want him to ultimately stay evil. Also, if they give even more jerking material to Reylo stans than they did in TLJ, I'll be so fucking mad
All of this is jokey jokey though, I'll most likely love this film
Not really a spoiler but...
The Reylo people are truly insane. They already decided they will hate the movie and the trilogy if Rey and Kylo are not a romantic couple at the end. It’s very very bizarre and I hope nothing happens just for the meltdowns lmao.

Allstar wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 1:36 am
Ruth wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 11:51 am
My biggest fear is that at this point, no matter how good/bad the film is, whichever way the story ends up going, it won't match whatever shit I'll have cooked up in my mind. And like, that's 100% MY problem lmao, and one of the reasons why I've been avoiding any promo material - to not give too much room for imagination, but I can't shut off my brain too lol.
I'm already torn with Kylo Ren, because I feel like he's so far been such a good character, especially in TLJ, that no matter what they'll do with him, I'll be the one whining about it on here lmao. I don't want him to have a redemption arc to be "vadered" off the story, but I also don't want him to ultimately stay evil. Also, if they give even more jerking material to Reylo stans than they did in TLJ, I'll be so fucking mad
All of this is jokey jokey though, I'll most likely love this film
Not really a spoiler but...
The Reylo people are truly insane. They already decided they will hate the movie and the trilogy if Rey and Kylo are not a romantic couple at the end. It’s very very bizarre and I hope nothing happens just for the meltdowns lmao.
they ruined the whole thing for me back when TFA dropped. like I understand TLJ because it explores kylo ren and their relationship further and so on, but in TFA there was literally nothing about reylo that was “shippable”. he’s abusive to her and she hates him for what he did, but i guess everyone melted because he carried her in his arms lmao

like i hate the fact that the shipping thing happened before it ever happened onscreen, but it happened due to some fucking odd reasons because fans tend to quickly go weird and take the whole stockholm syndrome and “i can fix him!!” cliche way too far too early

LelekPL wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 5:04 am
It's 2 hours and 21 minutes
Oh... Oh! Nice.

is 2h 21 without end credits? my theater shows 2h 35

a couple of weeks ago AMC listed the movie as 2h35m but recently Abrams said it was 2h21m with credits, maybe plus one or two minutes