Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ikr

Had no relevance to my point.

But there needs to be a real reason in this day and age that Driver got billed over Ridley APART from a centuries-long oppression of women in a number of professional and artistic fields, right? I mean this in all seriousness. They have some sort of reason for doing that (like, as I see, Carrie Fisher is first billed, then Mark Hamill who actually died in the last film), which is probably related to the plot, or to something we don't even know yet. I understand your point, Virgo, but you must know that they have a good reason doing that.

But it's not just one instance. There has been years of these double standards.

Like how the hell does ScarJo gets billing after Ruffalo. Where is one movie starring him as the lead outside MCU that has done as much as Lucy.

Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt get billing before Evangeline Lily and Zoe Saldana, despite not having had anything in their careers close to the level of Hobbit, Lost, Avatar or Star Trek. Because hey they are the leads fellas. Even though the title of their respecive films include the female characters too.

But then Sophie Turner gets billing after Hoult in a movie where she is the lead and is titled after her character. Has Hoult ever had a lead role in anything as successful as GoT? He has Jack the Giant Slayer as the highest grossing thing he has ever been a lead for. Lol

How does JLaw comes off after an Oscar win and two massive hits to be billed after McAvoy and Fassbener, while her role is hardly any less significant than theirs?

Oscar winner Marion Cotillard and Oscar nominee Ellen Page get billed after JGL in 2010? What?

I can write pages of this.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 10:12 am
I can write pages of this.
Please don't.

Foe me bro. No one really forces you to read my stuff.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 9:54 am
Foe me bro. No one really forces you to read my stuff.
Um.. No? I don't have a problem with your posts, I just think you've made your point. People are either gonna agree with you or not. Let's just leave it there.

Mark Hamill is a national treasure.

J.J. Abrams on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

“On this one, I let myself be, at least in the way I was approaching the thing, freer,” he said. “In Episode 7, I was adhering to a kind of approach that felt right for Star Wars in my head. It was about finding a visual language, like shooting on locations and doing practical things as much as possible. And we continue that in Episode 9, but I also found myself doing things that I’m not sure I would have been as daring to do on Episode 7.”

That sounds like a cue from Rian Johnson, whose The Last Jedi was a breath of fresh air in the Star Wars universe. “Rian helped remind me that that’s why we’re on these movies – not to just do something that you’ve seen before,” Abrams said. “I won’t say that I felt constrained or limited on 7, but I found myself wanting to do something that felt more consistent with the original trilogy than not. And on 9, I found myself feeling like I’m just gonna go for it a bit more.”

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/star-war ... ae8ftUnS7Z