Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 9:05 am
LelekPL wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 7:31 am
This trilogy captured the attention of more young fans and has been better recieved than the PT. People hated the prequels even more back in the day and I doubt that Padme or Macu Windu toys were selling all that better.

Yet now we see that there was a generation who actually grew up and enjoyed those prequel films. We'll see that once again, in the future, once this generation grows up and starts voicing their mature opinions. Give it time.
This is pretty much bang on the money. It's clickbait. I still see more people with Star Wars tshirts and whatnot than I did during the height of the prequels marketing push, and that's bearing in mind that Disney has kinda shat the bed on the merchandising support for these Star Wars films by comparison. My stepson's favourite Star Wars character is Kylo Ren, and he gravitates towards the sequel era stuff in general.

Solo is an outlier for a variety of reasons; otherwise the films have been major successes and have their own distinct pop culture penetration.

On the other hand, I am absolutely perplexed and frustrated by how much either LFL or Bad Robot are keeping the powder dry on TROS. It's as if no lessons were learned from Solo. We should be faced with an absolute onslaught right about now, but as has been said, its sometimes easy to forget that there even is a Star Wars film coming out this year, let alone arguably the most important one Disney (or anyone) will make.
This! It’s like they’re afraid to be loud about it right now. Perhaps as the after effect post TLJ/Solo backlash shortly after? I mean, full trailer is in October, that’s miles away.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 9:05 am
On the other hand, I am absolutely perplexed and frustrated by how much either LFL or Bad Robot are keeping the powder dry on TROS. It's as if no lessons were learned from Solo. We should be faced with an absolute onslaught right about now, but as has been said, its sometimes easy to forget that there even is a Star Wars film coming out this year, let alone arguably the most important one Disney (or anyone) will make.
For better or worse, Disney is following the exact same release template as Rogue One and The Last Jedi. Other than the early teaser for TFA, it's identical there as well. I think right now the divide is fatigue vs anticipation, and they're probably being a tad cautious.

Most importantly, D23 is around the corner. The behind the scenes reel we usually got in July (The Last Jedi's was July 15th) we're getting at Disney's event instead of Comic Con in couple weeks. with hopefully additional info to boot. So we've never gone this long between "Teaser" and "BTS Reel" so that's probably why it feels deader than usual.

I have a feeling in the 2-3 months up to release, The Rise of Skywalker will have a much more expensive marketing push than Rogue One or The Last Jedi did. But I agree, it's a little weird haven't started playing up the nearly-half-century-ending-in-the-making finality of it all yet.

-Vader

Don Williams: "[My brother] John [Williams]'s started up with another Star Wars. We started on it last week. He has 135 minutes worth of music to write, so that kind of tells you how long the film is. (laugh) It is top to bottom music. We've done four days and we've just scratched the surface. I think we've done something like 34 minutes in the can at this point. But I can tell you that every theme that you've ever heard's gonna be compiled into this last effort. Every one - Leia, Yoda, the Phantom, Darth, all of it's gonna be in there in his usual style. He hides them - you gotta go look for them - you'll find them, but you gotta go look for them. You'll be sitting there watching the film go by and 'oh, there it is' and there's two bars of it and it grabs you and it takes you away." (August 9, 2019)

Clips shown at D23. They show
the burnt Vader mask again bc...we showed it before? idk

Ace

Fuck that’s beautiful!

Holy shit.

*How many of us expected Palpatine there instead of Snoke couple od years back?

m4st4 wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Holy shit.

prolly the same dude or some such
I guess when you have one of the greatest if not the greatest villain of all time, you don't leave him on the bench.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 6:52 pm
m4st4 wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Holy shit.

prolly the same dude or some such
I guess when you have one of the greatest if not the greatest villain of all time, you don't leave him on the bench.
Respect

Ace wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 1:27 pm
That's beautiful.