Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
if marvel films looked like this i’d be 1000% more interested

this is how blockbusters SHOULD look - not that washed out TV looking nonsense

Master Virgo wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 3:39 pm
Really loved that teaser, but I have to admit, the prospect of Sidious uttering lines that are written by the guy behind Steppenwolf and Luthorberg, terrifies me.£
Bumping this because so many are overlooking this and not worried. JJ is a very good director but script wise this should be a big concern. This is the guy who gave the thumbs up to the Into Darkness script.

He’s talking about terrio...

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 9:34 am
He’s talking about terrio...

-Vader
I’m well aware. I’m pointing out JJ’s taste in screenwriters he hires outside of Kasdan and agreeing Terrio is a big concern.

The same people who wrote Into Darkness engineered the universally acclaimed Trek ‘09 so I’m not sure your point says what you think it says?

selecting the right talent wasn’t the issue on that film.

-Vader

J.J is going to Startrekindodark the shit out of this movie. This movie will be basically "My name is... Khan: The Movie". It's going to appeal to nostalgics even more than tFA after The Last Jedi tried to move away from it.

My second prediction:

Rey is actually...
...a representation of The Force itself, as Luke presented an illusion of himself to Kylo Ren in his last fight.

Why? When humans can't restore the balance, the Force enters and intervines.

Vader182 wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 10:59 am
The same people who wrote Into Darkness engineered the universally acclaimed Trek ‘09 so I’m not sure your point says what you think it says?

selecting the right talent wasn’t the issue on that film.

-Vader
Well a broken clock is right twice a day. Let’s not kid ourselves... Orci and Kurtzman are awful. And based on blockbuster resume thus far- Terrio might be worse.

I liked the trailer. I like the title. It really does feel like a nod to The Dark Knight Rises, possibly in the ending as well, and that's a good sign and a huge compliment. Palpatine's laughter at the end was the one moment that gave me goosebumps. Visually, it's similar to TFA and that's also a good aspect in my books (not great but good enough), it's fun to see Lando and hear Luke.

That's about it. There's really nothing that made me more excited for the film. I'm interested in Palpatine's involvement, of course... but I'm not overly excited. Lando is fun but he's a secondary character.

I guess it doesn't help that you can't beat the second teaser for TFA because there's nothing in the entire SW franchise more exciting than seeing Harrison Ford as Han Solo (with the possible exception of seeing Darth Vader). Without these two, it's just not the same as I always felt they are the stars of the franchise. Ford's involvement made TFA feel like a real SW movie after the spin-offs that were the prequels.

Now I feel like it's the 9th season of series that lost its main star, and now they are trying to sell us on the scraps that they've got left. Kind of like ER after Clooney's departure. Sure,Noah Wyle or Eriq La Salle are cool actors, but they are not George Clooney :P No matter how important Luke or Lando are, Mark Hammil and Billy Dee Williams are not Harrison Ford :P Neither is Ian Mcdiarmid. That's why I always feel like the last three movies had something missing. Rogue One had Vader and that really helped but both Solo and TLJ were lacking in the excitement level. Yoda is fun but he's a cameo. Solo was fun but it wasn't Ford.

LelekPL wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 3:09 pm
I liked the trailer. I like the title. It really does feel like a nod to The Dark Knight Rises, possibly in the ending as well, and that's a good sign and a huge compliment. Palpatine's laughter at the end was the one moment that gave me goosebumps. Visually, it's similar to TFA and that's also a good aspect in my books (not great but good enough), it's fun to see Lando and hear Luke.

That's about it. There's really nothing that made me more excited for the film. I'm interested in Palpatine's involvement, of course... but I'm not overly excited. Lando is fun but he's a secondary character.

I guess it doesn't help that you can't beat the second teaser for TFA because there's nothing in the entire SW franchise more exciting than seeing Harrison Ford as Han Solo (with the possible exception of seeing Darth Vader). Without these two, it's just not the same as I always felt they are the stars of the franchise. Ford's involvement made TFA feel like a real SW movie after the spin-offs that were the prequels.

Now I feel like it's the 9th season of series that lost its main star, and now they are trying to sell us on the scraps that they've got left. Kind of like ER after Clooney's departure. Sure,Noah Wyle or Eriq La Salle are cool actors, but they are not George Clooney :P No matter how important Luke or Lando are, Mark Hammil and Billy Dee Williams are not Harrison Ford :P Neither is Ian Mcdiarmid. That's why I always feel like the last three movies had something missing. Rogue One had Vader and that really helped but both Solo and TLJ were lacking in the excitement level. Yoda is fun but he's a cameo. Solo was fun but it wasn't Ford.