Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Terrio may have ackwolegded mistakes from BvS but let's not forget they had to bring on Whedon for larger rewrites because the product was apparently a mess.

Bacon, I'm not mad. I'm just bored.

Allstar wrote:Terrio may have ackwolegded mistakes from BvS but let's not forget they had to bring on Whedon for larger rewrites because the product was apparently a mess.

Bacon, I'm not mad. I'm just bored.
Does this mean you'll finally give up and leave the thread for us to have a discussion instead of you making the same 3 statements every post?

Bacon wrote:Mark Hamill on suicide watch

Boldness I expect came all from Snyder. Terrio was in charge of writing piss poor character interactions and cringey dialogues.£

Bacon wrote:Does this mean you'll finally give up and leave the thread for us to have a discussion instead of you making the same 3 statements every post?
No, because that is not true and I will always be invested in a Star Wars project.
"You know, I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten involved in things that I loved when I was a kid. In fact, even Westworld, which we're here for tonight, is one of them. But I don't feel any desire to do that again. I feel like I've done enough of that that I'm more excited about working on things that are original ideas that perhaps one day someone else will have to reboot."
-JJ Abrams
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1610370 ... -or-reboot
J.J. Abrams explains why he won't direct another 'Star Wars' film
http://ew.com/article/2016/03/15/jj-abr ... wars-film/

:lol:

Master Virgo wrote:Boldness I expect came all from Snyder. Terrio was in charge of writing piss poor character interactions and cringey dialogues.£
You'd think so, but that's not true. I've read a lot of Terrio's interviews, and he goes into tremendous detail over his motivations and influences, most of which are scholarly/literary ideas. Most of the big ideas and mythological themes and so forth came from Terrio, although I'm sure it was in collaboration.

Again, I hate BVS. I think JL is going to suck. I don't think Terrio is a good writer, but I do think he has big and provocative ideas. I'm thinking KK believes that will compliment JJ.

-Vader

Maybe you're right. Or hopefully Abrams would bring Lindelof or Jonah to rewrite the script later on.£

When even the biggest fanboy Kristian Harloff isn't too enthused you know this is kind of a bland decision.

This is getting passed around twitter so I'll share:

Terrio comes across as a super bright and thoughtful guy in press, if a bit stuck up his own asshole. Too bad the depth of these ideas never come across in the surface (so far).

Just saying, this kind of writer might be the right kind to get JJ to innovate a bit.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:When even the biggest fanboy Kristian Harloff isn't too enthused you know this is kind of a bland decision.
I'm not thrilled either but your hate of JJ is unreasonable and unparalleled.