Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I believe in Trevorrow. Although, when it comes to originality, I have more faith in Rian delivering with Episode VIII. I feel like Episode VIII has the upper hand because it can bring in so many new things, it doesn't have to introduce our main characters nor has it to deal with the end of their arcs either. Hell, the bad guys usually fair better in the second entry of a trilogy not to forget that Episode VIII is the last one which could end with a cliffhanger.
Given that all the major villains survived TFA, we should be in for some serious awesomeness. I want more from all of them. MOAR
Jurassic World was very entertaining, perhaps not a very good or strong film but did I had a great time at the theater.

Entertainment Tonight - EXCLUSIVE: Colin Trevorrow Says Rey's Origin Story Will Be 'Profoundly Satisfying'

http://www.etonline.com/news/179765_col ... _theories/
Colin Trevorrow: "I've seen all of the theories. I have to practice how to answer these questions." "We're going to make sure that that answer [of Rey's lineage] is deeply and profoundly satisfying." "Rey is a character that is important in this universe, not just in the context of The Force Awakens, but in the entire galaxy." "She deserves it. We'll make sure that that answer is something that feels like it was something that happened a long time ago, far away, and we're just telling you what happened."

"I love Rey. But I love her. And I love what she represents in that universe and where we can take her. It's pretty incredible."

"By the time we get to Episode IX, I look at that movie as one movie, as three movies, as six movies, and as nine movies. It's something that needs to honor a story that has been told over a period of 40 years." "Star Wars is a belief system, it's not just a story, it's not just a movie, and it's something that I take very seriously."

Dude seems less like an artist and more like a businessman

ChristNolan wrote:Dude seems less like an artist and more like a businessman
Regardless of whether that's true (which it doesn't seem to be), what part of what he said lead you to that conclusion?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Dude seems less like an artist and more like a businessman
Regardless of whether that's true (which it doesn't seem to be), what part of what he said lead you to that conclusion?

-Vader
Comes off like a pretty generic Disney suit and tie statement on the character.

As did Nolan.

Are any of the sequels gonna use IMAX 70? If not that lone sequence in TFA will seem like it was very very pointless

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
ComptonTerry wrote:Are any of the sequels gonna use IMAX 70? If not that lone sequence in TFA will seem like it was very very pointless
Don't know about episode 8 but they are for episode IX. At the Sundance talk Trevorrow did with Nolan he said he's is using Imax camera's and shooting on film.