The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Today was a first moment in a good while for me... That moment when I actually let myself believe there's a solid possibility for a good Batman movie on the horizon again. Twas a good moment.

I believe in Robert Pattinson.

I think I'm still most hyped for Pattinson as Bruce Wayne. He's an insanely gifted and versatile actor. Of course, the rest of the cast is great too, but still.

I also sort of love they haven't posted Pattinson in the batsuit online yet, the longer they can keep that under wraps the better I think.

The movie is still 1.5 year away so they needn't hurry with any promotional material until probably December.

Although it would be cool if it took a page of TDK's book and had an interactive viral marketing campaign for The Batman*. I believe it created a lot of hype for fans back in the day and it expanded on the universe. It's not like Reeves isn't a fan of that with him directing Cloverfield which also had a great marketing campaign.

* They could, however, finally announce the real title.

Matt directing this Batman [is exciting], the cast is so awesome. It seems different from other Batman movies to me, just with the cast. There’s something about it that has an edge, it’s young. To me, just my perception of it, it reminds me of when I was in college, and I went to go see The Pixies play, and looking around and feeling the vibe at a Pixies concert. That’s what it felt like to me, a song like ‘I Bleed.’ That it has the energy and that sort of thing, and isn’t so specifically targeted to a very young audience, or a very old audience, but has that power of chaos in it. The Pixies were incredibly emotional band, and I think this Batman is very emotional in that way. I think it will be very powerful." -Peter Sarsgaard
Here's a Pixies concert from 1991. 'I Bleed' at 29:34 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzA3eCHI2ns

They're really going for a low-tech look

Lmao!

Reveal soon?

That's
Man-Bat

Looks like ears aren't too big. :think:

idk m4 he does seem a bit shy