The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LucianoGotti wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:30 am
Tbh, I do wonder what everyone's reactions on here would have been to this casting if they announced this before he was announced for Nolans new film...
For me, personally? Exactly the same.

I've also never been one to prejudge. I never poo-pooed the idea of Ledger, either. I simply trust the process.

Pratham wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:46 am
Who'll be Alfred?
I believe that it might be time to give Sean Bean a call.

Why not Hugh Laurie?

Pratham wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:56 am
Why not Hugh Laurie?
Fuck, I like that idea so much better.

He would've probably made a better Thomas Wayne if they had a heavy focus on Bruce's past, though. I've always liked Hugh as a father figure, yes even in Stuart Little.

EDIT: Nah, let's just stick with Alfred.

Pratham wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:46 am
Who'll be Alfred?
Ben Affleck

Maybe just leave Alfred out of this one altogether and possibly bring him into a sequel.

Pierce Brosnan would be a great choice for Alfred because of the whole Bond angle. But let's not kid ourselves, they can get any middle-aged/senior British actor and he'll do just fine.

Oku
DC has commodified Batman to such an extent that I just feel apathetic toward this news.

Like, imagine if Marvel had cast a new Iron Man; the Internet would be breaking.

Instead, this just makes me go, "Another one? Already? Again?"

I'm excited for this. He was great in High Life. Need to check out The Rover and Good Time now.

So he's a 100% lock for the part then?

Good choice imo, Pattinson has got the chops and the looks. I'm sure he's going to be both a great Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Also they're saying he'd be the youngest Batman ever, wasn't Bale like 30 whilst shooting Batman Begins ? lol

Fingers crossed Michael Seresin is going to shoot this.

Oku wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 5:21 am
DC has commodified Batman to such an extent that I just feel apathetic toward this news.

Like, imagine if Marvel had cast a new Iron Man; the Internet would be breaking.

Instead, this just makes me go, "Another one? Already? Again?"
Yeah this too. I'd love to see something else from DC comics coming to movies. CoughTheFlashcough.