The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I still would like to see a proper adaptation of Mr. Freeze like on the animated series.

maybe Freeze should say in animated lol

Actors aren’t models. Posting pics ain’t gonna convince me.

Cilogy wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 1:52 pm
I wonder if there's any connection here with Nolan's film.

Like, maybe Nolan endorsed him for Batman behind the scenes?
He did it with Affleck, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I wonder how much impact this will have on Tenet. Pattinson looks rather thin as of now. I mean, I don't think that Pattinson needs to get ridiculous thicc or towering á la Affleck or anything but I figure he'll have to put on some muscle for this role. Considering Tenet has commenced shooting now and will shoot for give or take four months or so, The Batman has been said to start shooting in November. I guess that's at the earliest. Getting fit takes quite some months... Know what I mean?

Affleck was massive in Gone Girl because he was getting jacked for BvS at the time.

Nomis wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:46 pm
I wonder how much impact this will have on Tenet. Pattinson looks rather thin as of now. I mean, I don't think that Pattinson needs to get ridiculous thicc or towering á la Affleck or anything but I figure he'll have to put on some muscle for this role. Considering Tenet has commenced shooting now and will shoot for give or take four months or so, The Batman has been said to start shooting in November. I guess that's at the earliest. Getting fit takes quite some months... Know what I mean?

Affleck was massive in Gone Girl because he was getting jacked for BvS at the time.
That is interesting.

That article barely touches on what the WB rep said, while the rest of the article is just about the backlash to Pattinson being cast.

For now, Pattinson has been doing the rounds at the Cannes Film Festival to promote The Lighthouse. When he was asked by French magazine Gala about playing Batman, all he would say was, "I'm sorry, but I absolutely can't talk about that." The same thing happened in a Q&A session where smiled and he told journalists "I am only answering questions about The Lighthouse."

Oku
So is he pretty much locked or not?

Because I imagine that it would be awkward if after all this hoopla, the role ends up going to someone else.