The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm all for seeing a "redemption" of villains wasted in the Joel Schumacher's films like Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy. Even a new take on "Robin" could be cool to see.

It's same old same old because there is much much more to Batman than Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, and the Long fucking Halloween. It's like the studio has completely given up after Nolan and decided to box themselves in. Or maybe it's just that Reeves himself has no clue about Batman and where to take it. It's reinventing the wheel at this point.

And characters like Riddler and Freeze are not particularly deserving of any "redemption" in my view. There are far greater concerns for the Batman films.

Eh, using the villains he does and allegedly being inspired by the long halloween doesn't mean Reeves doesn't know what to do with Batman lol

It's said to be a detective story so I dig that Reeves wants to explore that side of Batman more than we've seen before. Even Pattinson said he likes what the story is about and how many things you can do with it. I think people tend to overreact when certain villains or story inspirations are used. It's certainly going to be very different from Nolan's films and I figure also from Snyder's BvS.

Also, Reeves said he'll be at the CCXP next year to promote this. I guess that could be either the first teaser trailer for the film or the first full trailer.

Watched High Life, and in it dude reminded me of a young ras al ghul. Then watched lighthouse and he reminded me of a young bond, think it was the accent. The supporting cast isn’t all that exciting but if torturro turns out to be the main antagonist that could be fresh.

I feel like Dano will be the main antagonist

As for shooting having begun, that means our first look at Pattinson in the batsuit is probably very close

lol the account you linked to is so annoying

But that's a neat first look.

aight looking cool

I think they're shooting digital? The uncropped pic of Pattinson shows a sealed off camera or two, not very clear to see but it looks like either digital or IMAX lol, since it looks box-y

War for the Planet of the Apes was shot on the ARRI ALEXA 65, for reference. The Batman’s DoP Greig Fraser shot Rogue One on the same camera.