The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Robert Pattinson: “If your favorite movie is a commercial movie designed to please everyone, you’re a imbecile.”

:?

AhmadAli95 wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 9:24 pm
Allstar wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 9:06 pm
:D

Notice how I chose favorite not best. He was truly menacing and different (although I'm not an expect on Bats and I need to watch the older movies :angel:)
I fucking love Batfleck because his Batman was so stupid. Like no Bruce you can't just randomly excuse your xenophobia like that.

His character was like if Jacqueline Sussan wrote Batman and I mean that in the best way possible.

Not a definitive Batman, but it's a take I enjoyed more than I should have but who cares really.
Allstar wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 11:06 pm
Robert Pattinson: “If your favorite movie is a commercial movie designed to please everyone, you’re a imbecile.”

Pretty much the reason why my favorite movies are Shoah and Santantango.

Allstar wrote:

Why is this important? Or worth bringing up?

Bacon wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 1:22 am
Allstar wrote:

Ironic coming from the guy signing on to play Batman. :lol: Hell even signing on for a Nolan movie.

He sounds like a pretentious twat here tbh.

Allstar wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 1:53 am
Bacon wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 1:22 am
Allstar wrote:

Ironic coming from the guy signing on to play Batman. :lol: Hell even signing on for a Nolan movie.

He sounds like a pretentious twat here tbh.
What's the context?

Sounds like something one would construct for himself to get away from the Twilight (over)hype. Understandable.

My hope is Reeves continues his previous filmography mentality: overall much better than your average blockbuster and perhaps even jump closer to Nolan’s way of thinking. Also, more detective work please.

m4st4 wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 6:04 am
Sounds like something one would construct for himself to get away from the Twilight (over)hype. Understandable.

My hope is Reeves continues his previous filmography mentality: overall much better than your average blockbuster and perhaps even jump closer to Nolan’s way of thinking. Also, more detective work please.
Couldn't agree more!

Yes, glad it's finally 100% confirmed.

I wonder when they will start pre-production if they start shooting in Q1 of 2020. They usually go into pre-production for some three months but considering how long Reeves has been busy with the script I hope that's closer to five or six months. It always help to have a long pre-production period.

The only downside is, that he almost definitely won't be Nolan's Bond anymore. Then again there is always Stevens, which is a better choice anyway.

And one can't help but wonder if Nolan is planning to use his secret Bond ideas for Tenet anyway and he has given up on the idea of doing one of those movies in the near future.

Master Virgo wrote:
June 3rd, 2019, 8:17 am
The only downside is, that he almost definitely won't be Nolan's Bond anymore. Then again there is always Stevens, which is a better choice anyway.

And one can't help but wonder if Nolan is planning to use his secret Bond ideas for Tenet anyway and he has given up on the idea of doing one of those movies in the near future.
i always forget he’s english tbh - makes me wonder if he’ll have his natural accent for Tenet

and in regards to the Bond thing, i suspect if it’s as much of a spy movie as the globe trotting, espionage adventure discription makes it sound, Nolan’s ruled Bond out - at least in this stage of his career. if it’s closer to a mind bender like Inception, i think there’s still a possibility after 25 is out