The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
I’m told that Ben Affleck is teaming up with Geoff Johns to co-write a standalone Batman movie that Affleck will direct and star in after he completes his longstanding plan to helm his scripted adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night.

My studio sources tell me that Affleck and Johns are well in synch and have more than found their rhythm. In fact, they are likely to turn in a script before the end of the summer, prior to Affleck going off to direct Live By Night in November. Affleck postponed that pic to star in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The Batman movie would shoot after he finishes Live By Night, and the plot would reflect the Batman character that emerges after Batman V Superman and Justice League, the latter of which comes out November 17, 2017. DC and Warner Bros have set a long list of superhero movies that take the Marvel formula of interspersing characters from one film to the next, so it’s unclear when Affleck’s Batfilm will be slotted.

But it will clearly take priority and other movies might have to move to get out of its way. While Marvel’s Kevin Feige has defied the odds and turned one Marvel character after another into hit films, I have been somewhat skeptical about the DC films that Warner Bros has made a top priority. This is a confidence booster. The best Batman blockbusters had a real sense of visual authorship, originated by Tim Burton, with the latest arc by Christopher Nolan. Now it falls to Affleck, who’ll creatively steer the Batman franchise after directing the Best Picture-winner Argo, and co-scripting and directing the gems The Town and Gone Baby Gone. Helped by the collaboration with DC savvy Johns, this might be the most exciting news to hit the Con this weekend.
http://deadline.com/2015/07/ben-affleck ... 201472921/

ArmandFancypants wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Sad that this means that Terrio isn't writing though from the sounds of it.
Do we even know Terrio is good?
The Oscar on his shelf indicates so.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Sad that this means that Terrio isn't writing though from the sounds of it.
This

And fuck yeah for him still doing Live by Night

SilverHeart wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:
The Oscar on his shelf indicates so.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Ben Affleck is teaming up with Geoff Johns to co-write a standalone Batman movie that Affleck will direct and star in after he completes his longstanding plan to helm his scripted adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night.
http://deadline.com/2015/07/ben-affleck ... 201472921/
Wishful thinking.

Terrio didn't write one of the worst films ever made before getting his Oscar like Goldsman did though.

SilverHeart wrote:Terrio didn't write one of the worst films ever made before getting his Oscar like Goldsman did though.
Right, so the Oscar is even more devalued.

Not really.

So... going by this logic you're sure that Bekmambetov's Ben-Hur is going to be great?

Not quite happy to hear that Geoff Johns will be writer, I haven't read his work but I think we'll be getting a very typical/shallow Batman. If they're looking for comic writers or people who really understand the material, I'd quite like to see Scott Snyder as writer. I just really want to see a dark and violent Batman like from The Dark Knight Returns and unlike Nolan's heroic and idealistic Batman.