The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Artemis wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 6:57 pm
Jonah Hill passes on role

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1184 ... 83363?s=19
If the reports are true, he tried to get more than Robert Pattinson would be getting which is a bit unbelievable.
Not "unbelievable" considering Hill's a two-time Oscar nominee, but I can certainly see why it didn't work out.

Nobody's going to the cinema to see the "Jonah Hill as Penguin event". That's not the name that creates excitement and requires a big paycheck.

If he's not the lead villain then you can give it to almost anyone for much less. If he is the top bad guy (which already feels too derivative of Batman Returns) then you need someone with a bigger name. Jonah Hill is a talent, he's Oscar-nominated but he's not IT (not the clown, obviously).

Catwoman and the Penguin again?

I don't know if it was for the Penguin or the Riddler but I think Hill has enough talent to have delivered something good to great. I think it's a pity he passed on either one of those roles.

Also I wonder how Pattinson's schedule will work out. Arent they scheduled to shoot Tenet up and until December? And aren't they expected to start shooting this in January? I wonder if he's got enough time to get shredded lol

Now that's what I'm talking about.

sadly we must now all be excited for yet another batman movie that is putting together a fucking amazing cast, hard times for us all

-Vader

The cast is unbelievable..

I really like Paul Dano. Nice to see him get a big role like this.

I love his work in Prisoners. Good actor
He definitely can play a weirdo psychopath type
And finally we have a new Riddler