The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TDK interrogation scene aside, I’d look to Mindhunter for inspiration.

Bacon wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 2:19 pm
Nomis wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 5:44 am
rumored to be based on The Long Halloween
Wasn't The Dark Knight?
Not really, no. Only bits and pieces here or there.

This news is pretty lame and uninspired if you ask me. Like, way to be original, Reeves. I wish people would forget about the damn Long Halloween for once. Ditto Year One, Returns,etc.

That said, it's still a nice story and the film could turn out great. But damn TLH?? :facepalm: :facepalm:

I think such a premise is a great way to make good use of some of Batman villains, without it feeling like overkill.

Can't wait to see who Reeves will cast. Ali as Gordon is in my mind now and I really want to see that lol

The Long Halloween is a cool thing to base this on, absolutely. Great way to have a huge cast of rogues with small parts.

And it's time for Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze on the big screen again, damn it.

Freeze... Maybe in The Suicide Squad. lol

Also Zoe Kravitz wore a Batman shirt in one of her new photoshoots... I know it probably doesn't mean anything but damnit it sucks that she won't be Catwoman

Maybe if they leave out the parts of The Long Halloween that involve the Falcone/Maroni mob families and anything having to do with Harvey Dent, then it might have a chance.

I agree that it's a decent way to include some of the B-List and C-List villains.

Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman
We are hearing that two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill is in talks to play a villain in the upcoming Warner Bros. reboot of Batman which stars Robert Pattinson as the caped crusader. Deals aren’t signed yet, but that’s what we are hearing at this minute.

Forum Pro
Law
Bacon wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 5:45 pm
'The Batman' Targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... on-1237376
fuck yes

Panapaok wrote:
September 23rd, 2019, 6:14 pm
Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman
We are hearing that two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill is in talks to play a villain in the upcoming Warner Bros. reboot of Batman which stars Robert Pattinson as the caped crusader. Deals aren’t signed yet, but that’s what we are hearing at this minute.
fuck no