The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Leaving Alfred out is impossible, imo. Not an option. They'd be ignoring a huge part of what makes Batman Batman. That's like taking Lois Lane out of a Superman film.

If Pierce Brosnan was only a rumor, I'm guessing they're trying to get a British actor in his age range. Maybe Hugh Laurie? Timothy Dalton? An older choice would be Charles Dance?

tim dalton please

Angus wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 12:53 pm
Leaving Alfred out is impossible, imo. Not an option. They'd be ignoring a huge part of what makes Batman Batman. That's like taking Lois Lane out of a Superman film.
It's not that much different than leaving out Robin in my view. He too is a huge part of what makes Batman Batman. Definitely not impossible. I don't think Lois Lane is comparable.

I would prefer it if they leave Alfred for a sequel perhaps. But if they must include the character in this one, maybe have him be at odds with Wayne. Have him be a new addition to Wayne Manor while Bruce insists he has no use for him. Let Alfred be ignorant of the Batman's true identity and a thorn in Bruce's side, at least until the end of the film. Something like that would go a long way in making the character work for this version.

He better take of his glasses and give it a rub, at least once, in the movie.

Havoc1st wrote:
October 31st, 2019, 7:42 am
”Dolores...”

Havoc1st wrote:
October 31st, 2019, 7:42 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would love to see some left field casting as well somewhere down the road as Nolan did in all three of his Batman films. So far almost all the casting choices fit like a glove at first glance.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 31st, 2019, 1:31 pm
Would love to see some left field casting as well somewhere down the road as Nolan did in all three of his Batman films. So far almost all the casting choices fit like a glove at first glance.
Whilst I agree on the idea that a casting can be "too good", I think Dano is a left field choice.