The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
To be fair to TDKR and any recent adaptations, Catwoman being a heroic ally of Batman is the way the comic books have mostly portrayed her since the late 70s/early 80s. So I can understand why tv and film would want to get out from under the Adam West hold that Catwoman has dealt with in previous decades.

That said, I agree that having a straight up villainous Selina with no interest in reforming and who doesn't fall prey to any romance bullshit would be a welcome and refreshing change of pace.

For this casting, there are a couple of other actors that I would have been more excited for in this role instead. But I'm looking forward to seeing what Kravitz does with the character.

last 10 pages of this thread tho

LelekPL wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 7:48 am
Oh, wait, now I'm hearing it's going to be either Anna de Armas or Elizabeth Debicki and WB will soon announce the decision. My sources are legit. Seriously!
Lol, my "sources" were more legit than GeeksWorldWide :P

Nomis wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 9:21 am
You can all have a laugh people but bottom line is we will probably never see Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman and we all cope with that in different ways okay?
Another lol :D

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has pointed it out before but Kravitz has already played Catwoman in the LEGO Batman movie. In a tiny part, though.

LelekPL wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 3:42 am
Nomis wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 9:21 am
You can all have a laugh people but bottom line is we will probably never see Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman and we all cope with that in different ways okay?
Another lol :D
ikr! So happy she got the part

I still think Joe Mamma would have been the best Catwoman though.

Didn't know Kravitz is Momoa's stepdaughter. Guess it's unlikely that they ever meet on screen in these movies tho.

Some peeps on Twitter have fan ficced Lisa Bonet playing an older Catwoman if this Batman film takes place before BvS (idk how to even explain this. This whole cinematic universe is such a mess).

Artemis wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 7:14 am
Some peeps on Twitter have fan ficced Lisa Bonet playing an older Catwoman if this Batman film takes place before BvS (idk how to even explain this. This whole cinematic universe is such a mess).
This is not a prequel. Wright is Gordon... hardly a chance for him to morph into JK Simmons :P

It's a new version of the character. Whether they'll try to connect this to DCU and pretend that batfleck never happened remains to be seen but I doubt it. This will probably stand on its own.

Ivan wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 8:46 am
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nsaIggSJk ... e=ig_embed

It would be cool though.
I imagine the cringe on Lenny's face :P