The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ali as Gordon would be bonkers and I'd love it.

Ali looks a bit young to be Gordon. Maybe he can get make up artists from True Detective.

Fun fact: Ali would be of same age in 2021 as Gary Oldman was in Batman Begins. I had assumed Oldman was in his 50s. :lol:

Wow I didn't expect that either lol

Pratham wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 2:03 am
Ali looks a bit young to be Gordon. Maybe he can get make up artists from True Detective.

Fun fact: Ali would be of same age in 2021 as Gary Oldman was in Batman Begins. I had assumed Oldman was in his 50s. :lol:
In Year One, Gordon isn't much older than Wayne iirc

thing is, who cares how old is who or who in the comics vs other movies?

this isn't a dig at Bacon, he's just citing that there's precedent here, which is a constructive thing to point out

it's just... why can't filmmakers reinvent things as they see fit with the same freedoms we afford authors of comics?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 6:58 pm
thing is, who cares how old is who or who in the comics vs other movies?

this isn't a dig at Bacon, he's just citing that there's precedent here, which is a constructive thing to point out

it's just... why can't filmmakers reinvent things as they see fit with the same freedoms we afford authors of comics?

-Vader
Honestly, my point was a little more than precedent. My point was that it didn't really matter. Gordon in Batman Begins is pretty heavily inspired by Year One's Gordon, yet Gordon in BB is old enough to be an adult on the force when Bruce is a child. Gordon's older in Batman TAS (arguably the definitive Batman). But one of the definitive stories has Gordon as a younger man in a new-ish marriage right when Batman rises up.

Tl;dr: Having an older Gordon isn't any out of the ordinary than having a younger one. Age doesn't really matter lol

Gordon has almost always been portrayed as an older man, like thirty years older than Bruce. Year One and stories based off of it are the few exceptions.

However I agree that filmmakers should be allowed to reinvent things as they see fit. Ali as Gordon sounds badass.

i just want vanessa kirby or ana de armas as catwoman

hey law, any input about average age of police commissioners in usa?

Yeah, I'm not even considering these rumors. Comicbookmovies.com? Nah, I'll wait for something more reliable.