The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think I read somewhere that Reeves really wanted to highlight the "detective" aspect of Batman, as he felt that part of the character has never really been fully explored. Pattison would be good for that type of Batman

Yeah that seems to be what he's going for. I think Pattinson is more than capable of carrying it (almost) entirely on his own shoulders. I love a good detective/mystery and I have high hopes for Reeves delivering. He's been working on the script for what feels like ages lol and they only start shooting this fall, after Pattinson wrapped up Untitled 2020 Nolan Film lol

Ana de Armas for Catwoman opposite Pattinson would be lit.

Do you want me to die? Like, shoot me, cut off my tongue and then shoot my tongue? Because that's what you're doing right now.

No wait, I will literally explode if that happens

atilasantos wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 5:05 pm
He might be an """okay""" actor, I just don't think he has that Bruce Wayne roughness.

And he's not intimidating AT ALL. Sue me.
New Leto-Joker situation.

They can milk his pretty boy persona to the fullest this time. And it will help to increase the number of female & gay crowd at the theater. It certainly helps MCU a lot. I'd personally want some old-school macho-man as Bruce Wayne, Burt Reynolds type. I'm tired of pretty boys as superheroes. We need some gruff, hairy, rough guys in those roles. Thankfully, Jason Mamoa is Aquaman. Albeit, his neanderthal swagger was played down in the DCEU. I wanted him to be like the JL Animated Series Aquaman. He never cracks jokes and doesn't take shit from anybody.

Batman's Batman wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 4:25 pm
We need some gruff, hairy, rough guys in those roles.

Keaton and Bale both played up the lunacy inherent to the character, via the former’s live-wire, comedic predilections or the latter’s intensity (essentially turning the Batman persona into an emotional venting mechanism.) It’s the reason why they worked for me in a way Affleck didn’t. He wasn’t bad (in Batman v Superman), just not particularly engaging.

Pattinson, I can trust to find an interesting angle, like maybe bringing some of the same energy from his Good Time character and giving Batman a real sense of danger we haven’t seen onscreen before.

Batman's Batman wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 4:25 pm
And it will help to increase the number of female & gay crowd at the theater. It certainly helps MCU a lot.
Did you mean for this to come off so derogative?

Patman meeting the Justice League for the first time:
I lold lol

Someone on Reddit fancast Melissa McCarthy as Penguin and now that fancast exists it will never happen :cry:

I should delete my Elizabeth Debicki for Catwoman post in the crushes thread now :lol:

Janelle Monae as Catwoman, please....