The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batman's Batman wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm
That Sneider guy is a joke and he has some real anger management issues. Don't trust him.
He broke the news about Pattinson being in Nolan's film and it was confirmed the next day. The guy is pretty trustworthy.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing a fifth iteration of Catwoman on the big screen right off the bat when there are so many unique and interesting Batman villains that could become iconic with a film about them.

How does that affect his accuracy of reporting in any way

Bacon wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 6:06 pm
How does that affect his accuracy of reporting in any way
The accuracy of his reports mostly comes down to "I heard a thing from one guy, who heard a thing from another guy". He's like that clown Daniel Richtman, who actually started asking people to pay for his scoops on Patreon, and then couple of them turned out to be false, and the guy's response was, "Oh, that's weird..." I don't take any of these Twitter scoopers seriously.

Batman's Batman wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Oh, really? Hmm... So if we go by that logic, then, everything we had seen of Downey Jr. before IM (Gothika, Shaggy Dog) also tells a different story than what we're seeing now with him. Or Chris Evans, even a better example. The dude didn't star in one decent movie throughout his career before being cast as Cap. He was never a leading man in anything. However, Hamm played a dual, sleazy businessman with a tragic past in Mad Men, and played it well. And he also looks like an Alex Ross painting of Bruce Wayne. So yeah, excuse me for putting two and two together and thinking, "Oh, wow, this guy could've been a great Batman."
I’m saying I don’t like Hamm all that much as an actor, not that he hasn’t played Batman/Bruce Wayne-esque characters before or that he doesn’t look the part.

Clear?

(And for what it’s worth, Downey pretty much played Stark in Zodiac and was cast mainly because he resembled the character in his personal life. Evans had also done the generically-written military leader type in Sunshine before Cap and he also, in my opinion, at least, brought a good deal of depth to the part with his earnestness and charisma ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Bacon wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 5:54 pm
That being said, I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing a fifth iteration of Catwoman on the big screen right off the bat when there are so many unique and interesting Batman villains that could become iconic with a film about them.
Sneider makes it sound like it will be a group of villains in this one, not just Catwoman and Penguin. Like it might not be Batman versus any of them.

Not too thrilled with seeing Catwoman and Penguin AGAIN but I don't mind. Can't wait to see who is cast!

I was hoping to see Nightwing/Robin in a Batman film again. He is a major character in Batman's mythos with some great comic storylines, and the only time we have seen him is in the bad Batman Forever and the awful Batman and Robin. It has been long enough since those movies to reintroduce the character in new film. But with Pattinson being only 32, we likely will keep not see him for awhile.

Baines wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:19 am
Y’know, everything I’ve seen of Hamm outside of Mad Men suggests... otherwise :?
So everything but his most acclaimed role... Your post means nothing.

My friends don’t like the cast pick 🤔