The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 9:37 am
It really was Live by Night that screwed him over. If that one was a success, he would have remained in charge of things, regardless of Justice League.£
reckless conjecture, but it seems like Live By Night's failure triggered his relapse to alcohol and he's been spiraling ever since

-Vader

Sanchez wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 9:26 am
Affleck was clearly very eager to turn the ship around and do even more to get a great Batman after the failure of BvS. He wrote a script on his own and was supposed to direct this at first.

WB sucked the spirit out of him even before they went out and made the garbage that was Justice League.

I thought he was really good in BvS.
WB were groveling around his feet, begging him to make that Batman movie. They gave him full creative control and endless resources. Affleck declined by his own admission. The script he wrote with Geoff Jones was probably lame and Affleck simply was burned out by that point and just wanted to go back to his Oscar-bait films. The rumors of him being not interested in the role appeared before Live By Night came out and got poor reception.

Baines wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 9:31 am
I think Hamm still had two more years left on Mad Men when they were casting for Batman vs Superman.
No, plenty of actors who worked on TV shows starred in big franchise movies. Charlie Hunamm did Pacific Rim while shooting Sons of Anarchy. Hamm was not chosen because: because Snyder, for some unknown to me reason, thought that Affleck was the perfect choice for the movie. I can almost picture all the scenes in BvS, but with Hamm, and those scenes immediately become superior in my head. Hamm has that charisma and grit to him that I don't find in Affleck.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on March 21st, 2019, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also let's be real, Affleck needed the money for child support and alimony.

Vader182 wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 9:42 am
Master Virgo wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 9:37 am
It really was Live by Night that screwed him over. If that one was a success, he would have remained in charge of things, regardless of Justice League.£
reckless conjecture, but it seems like Live By Night's failure triggered his relapse to alcohol and he's been spiraling ever since

-Vader
:( :cry:

I thought he was doing well now

I'm really pro-Patman right now.

Patman...
:clap:

They should get Armie as Batman.

Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet as Batman and Robin.

MyCocaine wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 7:25 am
Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet as Batman and Robin.
Stuhlbarg as the Penguin