Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Does he need to be 10 years younger? I mean we don't know how far before New Hope this is set. And Paul definitely looks younger than Ford did at that age.

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:

This guy was actually casted as a young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline, anyone seen it, is he a decent actor?
Sign him up.

Sold on the movie now.

Paul looks nothing like Ford...

Hey, they can make JGL look passably like Bruce Willis, a little ILM magic can make him look at least a little more like Ford.

I guess. I mean, he was good on Breaking Bad and all, but I really don't want to see him in this.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:Paul will be the same age as Ford in the original when they start shooting, this makes no sense for an origin story. The actor will need to be at least ten years younger
Yeah, but Aaron Paul looks young enough, which will be the key.
dat hairline tho

ArmandFancypants wrote:
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:Paul will be the same age as Ford in the original when they start shooting, this makes no sense for an origin story. The actor will need to be at least ten years younger
Yeah, but Aaron Paul looks young enough, which will be the key.
dat hairline tho
Yeah, that could be problematic.

Wig.

I straight up don't want Paul anywhere near Solo.

-Vader

I'm waaaay beyond with all the news about these new films, but seriously Aaron Paul? Are they blind?
He's a good actor, but for a character as iconic as Solo is, I think some resemblance is necessary.