Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:20 pm
I mean, you do go out of your way to criticize it and Johnson whenever possible lol

-Vader
So do you.

Also what did your bff Crazy think of this?

Poor Howard

Allstar wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:42 pm
Vader182 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:20 pm
I mean, you do go out of your way to criticize it and Johnson whenever possible lol

-Vader
So do you.

Also what did your bff Crazy think of this?
Vader brings his own points about the film in detail, which I find respectable, because every time, he's trying to start a real conversation. With the other two it's just negative sentences completely out of the blue.

We're talking about Rogue One, oh yeah, Gilroy would have done far better than Johnson, we are talking about Boba Fett, oh, but let me add that Mangold is wholly preferable to Johnson. Someone brings Clarke being critical of L&M, Oh but don't forget about Ridley not being happy with Johnson as well, that is also very important to the discussion at hand. I try to point towards the Cinemascore, which has been the most reliable source of the domestic target audience reaction for studios for years, the other fella discards it as irrelevant and instead calls for us to pay attention to some ratings on a Chinese or Italian site with a couple of thousands ratings as the true indicator of what audience think about the film.

Obviously I'm in no position to tell anyone what stuff they are allowed to talk about and in which manner, as long as it has nothing to do with the forum rules, but I reserve the right to criticise this sort of behaviour as redundant and repetitive to the point that it just feels obsessive.£

m4st4 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:12 pm
Reviewers calling Solo a 'palette cleanser' should reconsider their careers.
They’re not wrong though. It was a great palette cleanser for the hot mess that was TLJ.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 7:59 pm
m4st4 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:12 pm
Reviewers calling Solo a 'palette cleanser' should reconsider their careers.
They’re not wrong though. It was a great palette cleanser for the hot mess that was TLJ.
I’m not saying idiotic opinions don’t have their followers, I’m just saying they are real, they exist. Also, the earth is flat.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 6:49 pm
We're talking about Rogue One, oh yeah, Gilroy would have done far better than Johnson, we are talking about Boba Fett, oh, but let me add that Mangold is wholly preferable to Johnson. Someone brings Clarke being critical of L&M, Oh but don't forget about Ridley not being happy with Johnson as well, that is also very important to the discussion at hand. I try to point towards the Cinemascore, which has been the most reliable source of the domestic target audience reaction for studios for years, the other fella discards it as irrelevant and instead calls for us to pay attention to some ratings on a Chinese or Italian site with a couple of thousands ratings as the true indicator of what audience think about the film.
The fact you've genuinely generalized all of these situations into the same kind of category is pretty telling tbh, no offense

Master Virgo wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Vader brings his own points about the film in detail, which I find respectable, because every time, he's trying to start a real conversation. With the other two it's just negative sentences completely out of the blue.

Obviously I'm in no position to tell anyone what stuff they are allowed to talk about and in which manner, as long as it has nothing to do with the forum rules, but I reserve the right to criticise this sort of behaviour as redundant and repetitive to the point that it just feels obsessive.£
Good points. I agree about Vader-he is trying to start conversations but he is very critical of it often which was my point.

It really is strange to me how passionately some hate TLJ. I get not liking it but the sheer vitriol thrown its way is baffling to me.

Also, I really am genuinely curious what Crazy thought of this.

"Big SAT drop for #SoloAStarWarsStory with opening wknd #boxoffice estimates now lowered to $83.3M over 3 days & $101M over 4-day #MemorialDayWeekend. That's less than just the opening day of #StarWars TheLastJedi from 6 months ago. 4day estimates coming tomm."

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 11:50 am
"Big SAT drop for #SoloAStarWarsStory with opening wknd #boxoffice estimates now lowered to $83.3M over 3 days & $101M over 4-day #MemorialDayWeekend. That's less than just the opening day of #StarWars TheLastJedi from 6 months ago. 4day estimates coming tomm."
Jesus Christ that’s superlow. At this point I’ll most likely watch Jurrasic World 2 before this.

m4st4 wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 12:46 pm
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
May 27th, 2018, 11:50 am
Jesus Christ that’s superlow. At this point I’ll most likely watch Jurrasic World 2 before this.
Wow For a Star Wars movie that's pretty low. Disney should be worried about the next ones.