Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Again, she never bashed Rian. You misspoke and started derailing the thread (that was on topic) because of it. If people can’t see Bacon is in the wrong here like Vader, well he’s deeply biased and perhaps he should talk about it with HIS therapist.

Vader182 wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 11:26 pm
i dunno why you guys talk to allstar about stuff he should be talking about with a therapist

-Vader
If he is seeing one, it sure isn't working (ie: see his strained attempt to retort back last post).

RIP to ever having Star Wars discussions on this site. I'm out for a bit.

Bacon wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 11:42 pm
Vader182 wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 11:26 pm
i dunno why you guys talk to allstar about stuff he should be talking about with a therapist

-Vader
If he is seeing one, it sure isn't working (ie: see his strained attempt to retort back last post).

RIP to ever having Star Wars discussions on this site. I'm out for a bit.
Yes, it’s your fault for derailing this thread. Stay out please.

“I had never heard Harrison [being] effusive about anything, and he was raving about it,” Howard recalled. “He said, ‘Alden nailed it. He made it his own.'”- Ron Howard
http://www.nme.com/news/film/harrison-f ... ct-2323577

This is relevant since Ford doesn't beat around the bush. He said before he was not interested in the movie. Still would be nice to hear it from the horse’s mouth though.

I'm seeing the movie in an hour. I'm not as jazzed for it like I usually am for the Saga films, but I felt the same way about Rogue One, and it ended up being my favourite Disney-era Star Wars film. I just hope I'm a part of an enthusiastic audience.

BlairCo wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 3:32 am
I'm seeing the movie in an hour. I'm not as jazzed for it like I usually am for the Saga films, but I felt the same way about Rogue One, and it ended up being my favourite Disney-era Star Wars film. I just hope I'm a part of an enthusiastic audience.
Enjoy.

This movie is good. Not great, not bad, just good. It's an enjoyable ride when it decides to be, but once the action set pieces end and we go back to character development and dialogue, it begins to annoy me. It's the first time in a Star Wars movie where things have consistently annoyed me in a lot of places, such as the characters, the dialogue, certain story beats, right down to even many shots that hardly even look colour-graded. There are even scenes that are legitimately written and shot as straight-up remakes of classic Star Wars scenes, and I mean it in the most cringe-inducing way. Also, I won't say who (you can figure it out for yourself), but there is a character that I would place near Jar-Jar as one of the most annoying characters in Star Wars lore.

However, I am happy to report that Ehrenreich is my MVP. He does occasionally make questionable decisions in regards to how he wants to portray Han, but when he was able to shine, he shines like a star. Glover fits the role of Lando like a glove, and the way Chewie is written made me love the character even more. There are moments throughout this movie that resonated with me on an emotional level because they are things that I have experienced emotionally in real life, and most of those moments happen in the third act.

I can safely say I would watch this again, however there are a lot of things that I'm not so sure would sit well with me, no matter how many times I'll see it. Despite being somewhat underwhelmed by this movie, I can still say it is a good movie that does have a lot of nice moments, but it has problems that annoy me the more I think about them.

I think we're better off without any therapist remarks from either side fellas. Those kinds of comments will serve no purpose other than creating an inflammatory atmosphere.£

Glover fits the role of Lando like a glove

Save for much of the first act (opening scene aside) and its 'oh so THAT's how this came to be' moments which really took me out, this is actually surprisingly solid, enjoyed this one very much. Gets a lot stronger as it goes on. Great worldbuilding too. Down for more

I’m just waiting on Armand’s take.