Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ron Howard is a better director than L&M.

Allstar wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:He also likes basically everything Chris Miller tweets, including the "Situation normal" jab.

Maybe he's... friends with both of them...? Who woulda thought.
I never said he was anti L&M, I just said he's in support of Ron. Stop getting so defensive over them. Christ.
do you live in a bubble

Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote:I never said he was anti L&M, I just said he's in support of Ron. Stop getting so defensive over them. Christ.
do you live in a bubble
I presume this will only get worse as we're getting closer to premiere, but you guys should just make peace already. PMs are good. Derailing Star Wars threads into oblivion is not.

We all want these movies to be good, that's the most important thing right? Imagine how it was for our parents, they literally did live in a bubble, none of this backstage info oversaturation. It was a blessing.

Edit: Why does Emilia Clarke look like she's cosplaying Leia? Can we, like, not... costume dep.?

Apparently only Leia wore white dresses, who knew

I was thinking about that as well, but it's clearly meant to reference something deeply imprinted in our collective psyche than try something new with the dress, like for example Padme in TPM, or Amilyn Holdo in TLJ.

m4st4 wrote:I was thinking about that as well, but it's clearly meant to reference something deeply imprinted in our collective psyche than try something new with the dress, like for example Padme in TPM, or Amilyn Holdo in TLJ.
Physically they're just so similar too. I mean we probably wouldn't have thought much of it if it was like Tessa Thompson for example.

ChristNolan wrote:Apparently only Leia wore white dresses, who knew

anikom15 wrote:Ron Howard is a better director than L&M.
No shit.