Bond 26 (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So will this stop Nolan from getting a pick at Bond? If he does 26, will Bond already be cast and he has to adapt to that?

Bacon wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 1:20 pm
So will this stop Nolan from getting a pick at Bond? If he does 26, will Bond already be cast and he has to adapt to that?
Stop.

Allstar and I agree that Gilbert Gottfried should take the reins at this point.$

Dan Stevens
Jack Lowden

Maybe Harry Styles, Tom Glynn-Carney or even Fionn Whitehead or James Bloor.

So yeah, I feel like it could be any one of the young guys from Dunkirk lol

I feel like Nolan would only really want to do Bond if he gets final say over casting. Which obviously goes hand in hand with reinventing it which is what he wants to do. I would honestly not know why the producers would want to lock in the next Bond actor after Craig and only to start searching then for a director. They need a director with a vision and go from there after Boyle/Craig's film.

Nomis wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 6:59 pm
Maybe Harry Styles, Tom Glynn-Carney or even Fionn Whitehead or James Bloor.

So yeah, I feel like it could be any one of the young guys from Dunkirk lol
lmfao calm down they’re like spring chickens. really cannot see any of the dunkirk guys as bond material right now, except for Lowden. And even he seems a bit too young.

...yeah, the Broccolis have paid an exorbitant fee to Daniel Craig specifically because they don't think anybody else is really up to it right now so...

Not right now, Bond 26 is out next Autumn and I think they're going to wait a little while longer before starting with Bond 27, definitely not right away. By the time the 27th could start shooting we're like at least five years, if not six or seven from now. So my picks are not far fetched.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nolan would pick someone in his late-twenties/early thirties.

Nomis wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 6:20 am
Not right now, Bond 26 is out next Autumn and I think they're going to wait a little while longer before starting with Bond 27, definitely not right away. By the time the 27th could start shooting we're like at least five years, if not six or seven from now. So my picks are not far fetched.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nolan would pick someone in his late-twenties/early thirties.
Bond 25 comes first. And tbh I’m tired of B26 talks this early in B25 production. Can’t people just wait for Craig era to be finished first? 🕷️

i was thinking, and i’m not fundamentally opposed to Cavill

he’s got the look, and i mean it’s not like Bond has required great acting in the past. we’ve been lucky to have Craig, in that respect

i suppose also being Superman, Cavill is far too much of an established name for the job. then again, Elba, Hardy, and Fassy are too, but we regularly discuss them for the role

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 10:17 am
i was thinking, and i’m not fundamentally opposed to Cavill

he’s got the look, and i mean it’s not like Bond has required great acting in the past. we’ve been lucky to have Craig, in that respect

i suppose also being Superman, Cavill is far too much of an established name for the job. then again, Elba, Hardy, and Fassy are too, but we regularly discuss them for the role
I can totally picture Cavill as Bond, he’d pull it off. The only criticism I could think of that he already seems to have dabbled in similar espionage roles, so like, maybe people would want more of a surprise inspired casting than somebody you would naturally expect. But imo that’s not a huge problem at all.

Nomis is just incredibly biased lol.