Rampage (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: Dwayne Johnson is re-teaming with New Line and producer Beau Flynn for Rampage, a live action feature that has been set for a 2016 summer production start. The film is based on the classic 80’s Midway Arcade Game that has since had numerous incarnations on different gaming platforms. They are keeping the plot under wraps, but the game involves three giant monsters–a gorilla, a lizard and a wolf–that wreak havoc on major cities and landmarks across North America. The formidable Johnson gets in their way. Johnson, Flynn and New Line are coming off San Andreas, the earthquake disaster film which has shaken loose $415 million in global ticket sales so far.

The script is by Ryan Engle (Non-Stop), and New Line is working to fill the open directing assignment now. Flynn will produce via his FlynnPictureCo. banner and John Rickard will also produce via his Rickard Pictures. Rickard is currently in production at New Line on How To Be Single. Seven Bucks Productions co-founders Johnson and Dany Garcia are also involved in a producing capacity. Their Seven Bucks just launched the HBO series Ballers, which stars Johnson as a silver tongued jock-turned sports deal maker.

The plan is for Johnson to star in this film after he completes production on Fast & Furious 8 as Johnson continues to generate franchises at a rate Ray Kroc might envy. Johnson is working for New Line right now, shooting Central Intelligence alongside Kevin Hart. This will be the fourth collaboration for Johnson and Flynn after the New Line sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island and Paramount/MGM’s Hercules. Richard Brener, Michael Disco, and Sam Brown will oversee for New Line.
http://deadline.com/2015/06/dwayne-john ... 201452141/
Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock
We'll get the best filmmakers in the world for this project. Excited to make this movie for y'all Get ready..#RAMPAGE
lol, this could actually be insanely fun if done well. Basically Godzilla and King Kong in the same movie and more!

Would be great for Nolan's next project especially since The Rock said he's getting the best filmmakers in the world for it.

Epic big scale blockbuster? Check
Warner Bros home studio? Check
Charismatic boxoffice draw in lead role? Check
Movie his kids would enjoy? Check

Sounds perfect!

Allstar wrote:
Would be great for Nolan's next project especially since The Rock said he's getting the best filmmakers in the world for it.
What are you smoking?

Allstar wrote: The Rock said he's getting the best filmmakers in the world for it.
DoubleD wrote:Brad Peyton directing.

I'm sure there's another thread for this, but I couldn't find it.

Anyways, I'm totally down for some good dumb fun with Rocky.

Idk this just looks like a poor man’s Mighty Joe Young. And I watched MJY last week on TV, it wasn’t as good as I remembered (watched it in cinema back in z days).

The Rock needs stop with these dumb flicks.

Rohan wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 6:49 pm
‘These’? What, like Jumanji, which could potentially break 1 billion? Sure thing.

m4st4 wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 10:43 pm
Rohan wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 6:49 pm
‘These’? What, like Jumanji, which could potentially break 1 billion? Sure thing.
Majority of the dumb flicks make $1B.

sknob